By: Jo Malby
In a brilliant interview in The Paris Review, E. B. White said, “A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die without putting a word on paper.” To allow the seeds of inspiration grow into tiny shoots and push through the soil, like the magnificent miracles they are, you need to metaphorically water them with consistent action.
No matter how many books on writing you read, courses you do or conferences you attend, unless you also actively attend to the process, your ability to write with the fluidity and transcendence you yearn for will always feel a little out of reach. While honing your craft is important, it’s through the act of writing that you better your skill, and in turn your enjoyment of writing too.
Everyone has days where they don’t feel as inspired or creative as they could, here are eight ways to reignite your passion for writing and write, even if your muse has temporarily deserted you.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Working with Unexpected Character Questions: Finding Your Character's (or Narrator's) Inner Story http://ow.ly/A9Yb1
- De-Stress Your Writing Life – When Life Creates Factors Beyond Your Control | Creativity's Workshop http://ow.ly/A9Yha
- Structuring the Novel Part 8: The Miracle Finish - Venture Galleries http://ow.ly/A9YjJ
- StacyEnnis.com » 10 Reasons Running Makes You a Better Writer http://ow.ly/A9YoG
- How Can Authors and Publishers Partner Better on Book Marketing? [Smart Set] | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/A9Yq2
- 5 Things Writers Should Ask Potential Agents | WritersDigest.com http://ow.ly/A9YF6
- How Writing a Synopsis is Like Carving Soap | Holly Robinson http://ow.ly/A9YHH
- Writing Fiction. Improve Your Dialogue With James Scott Bell. Podcast Episode 190 | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/A9YJx
- Fiction University: Real Life Diagnostics: Creating Dread in a Short Story Opening http://ow.ly/A9YLY
- The Science of Storytelling - Writers Write http://ow.ly/A9YND
- 4 Tips for Writing a Short Story | Julie Glover http://ow.ly/A9YVr
- Turning Your Novel into a Screenplay, Part 1 - Storyfix.com http://ow.ly/A9YXi
- Why writing workshops fail OR quality writing is not subjective | Damien G. Walter http://ow.ly/A9Z5O
- Seven Steps To Get Endorsements for Your Book http://ow.ly/A9ZlK
- How to Figure Out WHAT Your Character's Arc Should Be - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/A9ZCx
- Revision Warriors: Michelle's (Current) Top 4 Revision Tips http://ow.ly/A9ZJJ
- My Babelcube Experience, Author Seeks Translators (part 1) | How to Make, Market and Sell Ebooks http://ow.ly/A9ZL5
- How to create a video with PowerPoint - Build Book Buzz http://ow.ly/Aa03l
- Writing | Keep the action moving forward | Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/Aa0l1
- Acknowledgements ... Who’s in Your Village? … Who Are You Going to Thank? http://ow.ly/Aa0mg
- Amazing Stories | The Hero’s Journey: Part One, the Hero & the Journey - Amazing Stories http://ow.ly/Aa0p8
- The Secret Of How to Make Your Book Un-Put-Down-able | Bestseller Labs http://ow.ly/Aa17Y
- The 10 Biggest Mistakes New Authors Make | Brooke Warner http://ow.ly/Aa1bC
- 7 ways to overcome fear and uncertainty about writing | Jenna Avery http://ow.ly/Aa1mR
- Structuring a Novel Part 4: The Critical Decision - Venture Galleries http://ow.ly/Aa1oA
- 8 Ways to Reignite Your Passion for Writing and Write http://ow.ly/Aa1vi
- Rachelle's Window: Promo Sites http://ow.ly/Aaoyi Author Resources and Self Publishing Advice
|The Process of Writing A Book|