By: The Magic Violinist (a young author who writes mostly fantasy stories)
Have you heard these terms before? Maybe you’ve already identified yourself as one or the other. If you don’t know what plotting or pantsing is, that’s okay. Read on and you’ll catch up.
Simply put, a plotter is someone who plans out their novel before they write it. A pantser is someone who, “flies by the seat of their pants,” meaning they don’t plan out anything, or plan very little. Some people, like me, call themselves “plantsers,” which means they’re in a little of both. In reality, most people are plantsers, but some tend to lean heavily to one side.
However, there are pros and cons to each one. Let’s take a look.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- The Busy Person's Guide to Content Curation: A 3-Step Process http://ow.ly/x3ndx
- Blogging Tip: Increase Shares with Images that Pop | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/x4jSd
- 7 secrets about editors every freelance writer should know: http://ow.ly/wFavA @MichelleRafter RT @elizabethscraig:
- The Pros and Cons of Plotters and Pantsers http://ow.ly/x5O5b
- The book versus the film – a tip to help writers fix an incoherent and sprawling plot | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/x5OcV
- May 2014 Author Earnings Report – Author Earnings http://ow.ly/x5Okq
- Book Blurb As Salesperson | Digital Book World http://ow.ly/x5OtN
- How To Market A 99 Cent Ebook Sale On The Cheap | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/x5OVP
- How To Use Twitter Lists To Grow Your Blog | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/x5PzP
- 10 Social Media Marketing Trends to Watch in 2014 | LinkedIn http://ow.ly/x5PP1
- 5 Tips for Terrific Power Tweeting http://ow.ly/x5QjK
- 9 Steps to Compelling Contagious Content for Your Social Media Marketing http://ow.ly/x5Qmt
- 8 Tips for Writers Using Pinterest - Social Media Just for Writers http://ow.ly/x5QAT
- 15 Resources to Create Images for Social Media | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/x5QKS
- Getting Visual: 10 Ways To Use Images & Graphics on Social Media http://ow.ly/x5QPUTop Tip: Using Photos in Your Social Media Strategy http://ow.ly/x5QSe
- 18 top stock photo libraries | Photography | Creative Bloq http://ow.ly/x5QVO
- Photography for Social Media: 5 Detailed Tips | http://ow.ly/x5R68
- Social Media Monday: Tips for Taking Shareable Photos with Your Smartphone | Market America Blog http://ow.ly/x5Rdr
- Miami, Seattle and St. Louis Among America’s ‘Most Well-Read’ Cities in U.S., According to Amazon | http://ow.ly/x5Ufm
- Instagram Tutorial – Getting Started With the Most Engaged Network of Our Time http://ow.ly/x5UGr
- Finding Readers Week: Corinne Talks Commenting, Engagement, and Are Forums Right For Your Blog? : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/x5USZ
- How to Blog Every Day http://ow.ly/x5XO8 “You should blog every day, if you can.”