By: Chris Robley
Survey says: print books are here to stay
According to a recent study called ”The Evolution of the Book Industry: Implications for U.S. Book Manufacturers and Printers,” almost 70% of book buyers say they are likely to continue purchasing printed books through 2016. Perhaps more shocking was the finding that 60% of all
eBooks that are downloaded in the United States are NEVER read.
Why the fierce loyalty to printed books? Oh, the usual reasons: a “sensory attachment” (as eContent calls it) to the physical item, the desire to place the book on a bookshelf, and the fact that you don’t have to strain your eyes staring at another electronic gadget.
Given the fact that eBook sales were flat in 2013, it seems these benefits are keeping the printed book safe from the extinction that digital publishing pundits have been predicting for years. But what does this mean for you?
3 ways to keep your book sales up as eBook sales slow down
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
QueryTracker Blog: Choosing a Point of View Character http://ow.ly/wkbBq
- All Character, No Plot http://ow.ly/wkcqr
- Balancing the Business Side of Writing with Kathleen Collins | Romance University http://ow.ly/wkdb5
- Publishing with a Small Press | LitChat http://ow.ly/wkdhZ
- Giving Fans a Good Series Finale | Julie Glover http://ow.ly/wkers
- How to Start Your Novel | Writers In The Storm Blog http://ow.ly/wkeuS
- A Tip for Avoiding Plot Holes | Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/wkeS1
- 3 ways to keep your book sales up as eBook sales slow down http://ow.ly/wkeVN
- Karen Woodward: How Did Agatha Christie Hook Readers? http://ow.ly/wkfjk
- Essential Facebook Marketing Resources: A Complete Guide | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/wkfp4
- Which Email Marketing Strategy Should You Choose: Full Meal or Just the Aroma? http://ow.ly/wkfvr
- In a Blog Slump? Here’s What to Do : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/wkfyP
- What’s the Perfect Job for Our Characters? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/wkfCJ
- A Writer's Journey: What Is The Right Length For a Chapter? http://ow.ly/wkfNy
- 7 Things Your Fiction Fans Want to Hear You Say by Jason Kong — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/wkjVr
- Trademark and the Author with Mindy Klasky | Romance University http://ow.ly/wkAkg
- Twitter’s Stock Hit An All-Time Low Today – Here’s Why [STATS] - AllTwitter http://ow.ly/wlIhJ
- RT @FabulosityReads: So You Want To Make A Living Writing? 13 Harsh Truths. http://t.co/fak4I5qtQ3 via @LeTeishaNewton
- RT @MaryBuckham: How to Learn Scrivener the Fast Way via The Book Designer by @JFbookman http://t.co/z30RTipLXu
Some days you just have to jump up and celebrate!