By: Karen Cioffi
Self-publishing is an amazing beast. It has brought the world of publishing into the hands of you, Joe, Beth, and everyone and anyone who wants to write a book. It has brought writing power and freedom to all.
But, with writing power and freedom comes responsibility.
This means that while it’s true that self-publishing has opened a tremendous amount of doors and anyone can now write and publish a book, it doesn’t mean you can slap anything together and self-publish? You need to produce quality (edited) content for three reasons.
Reason number one: You have an obligation to your reader.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Fiction University (The Other Side of the Story): Are Print Books Necessary in the Digital Age? http://ow.ly/wmJKB
- Writability: How to Write a Great Antagonist http://ow.ly/wmKop
- Business Gravitas and Language http://ow.ly/wmNy5 Daily Writing Tips
- RT @elizabethscraig: Emotionally detached characters in crime fiction: http://ow.ly/wltxF @mkinberg
- How to finish your novel: top professional tips – guest video at The Write Life | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/wmNU0
- Karen Cioffi Writing and Marketing: Book Marketing – 3 Reasons Why Editing Should Come Before Self-Publishing http://ow.ly/wmO6I
- A.O. Peart on The Ultimate Bad Boy – Why Do Readers Want More? | Romance University http://ow.ly/wmOob
- 10 Signs You Are You Addicted To Social Media - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/wmRwt
- Web Sites - The Top Five Threats to Online Branding : MarketingProfs Article http://ow.ly/wmRGJ
- Blog Image Sources That Won’t Get You Sued! | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/wmRVF
- Pirate Codes & Writing Rules—When is a Flashback a Literary Device? | Kristen Lamb's Blog http://ow.ly/wmS0r
- Why Too Many Flashbacks Might Be a Warning of Deeper Story Problems | Kristen Lamb's Blog http://ow.ly/wmS3i
- Writers On The Move: 4 Book Marketing Strategies That Are Guaranteed to Keep Your Online Platform Moving Forward http://ow.ly/wmSnt
- The Role of the Expert Has Radically Changed [Smart Set] | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/wn25y
- BookBub Raises $3.8M to Help Readers Find E-Book Deals Online - Venture Capital Dispatch - WSJ http://ow.ly/wnAHa
Post a Comment