By: C. S. Lakin
We’ve been examining the fourth crucial support of your novel—theme with a heart. I noted in these last two posts that theme is more important than plot in terms of supporting the whole of your story. I called plot a vehicle for your theme. It’s also the vehicle to showcase your concept, protagonist’s goal, and central conflict. In other words, try to think of plot as functioning different from the other elements in your story.
We will take a look at plot next as one of the pillars in novel construction, but it’s the structuring of the plot itself that we’ll focus on. It speaks to the framework of your “building” rather than the actual materials, if that makes sense.
Theme: the Unsung “Hero” of Novels
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Generating and Developing Theme in Your Novel | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/xdzOn
- Steampunk http://ow.ly/xeGXP Daily Writing Tips
- The Power of Covers | Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/xeHah
- How To Make a "Wow" Blog Image with PicMonkey | WRITERS HELPING WRITERSWRITERS HELPING WRITERS http://ow.ly/xeHkd
- Print Vs. eBook – What’s Your Opinion? | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/xeHve
- Official Google Blog: Google+ Stories and Movies: memories made easier http://ow.ly/xeHxW
- A New, Optional Way to Share and Discover Music, TV and Movies | Facebook Newsroom http://ow.ly/xeHzT
- Make the Most of Who’s Viewing Your LinkedIn Profile with ‘How You Rank’ | Official LinkedIn Blog http://ow.ly/xeHFD
- Premium Video Ads on Facebook | Facebook for Business http://ow.ly/xeHHP
- Introducing Shutterstock Music — The Shutterstock Blog http://ow.ly/xeHJe
- The Kill Zone: It's The Best Time On Earth To Be A Writer http://ow.ly/xeHLn
- 9 Things Your Readers Wish You Knew About E-Books | Wise Ink's Blog for Indie Authors about Self-Publishing http://ow.ly/xeHSh
- Rock Pinterest in 5 Steps Without a Pinterest Account | Jimmie Lanley http://ow.ly/xeI1e
- A Writer's Journey: Platform Building Primer http://ow.ly/xeI6d
- Writer Unboxed » Underwriting Versus Overwriting: Just Write http://ow.ly/xeI8S
- Does Gender Affect What Book Advance You Receive? http://ow.ly/xeVta
- Online Marketing: Why Email is a Richer Cousin to Social Media : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/xeVwK
- Easy Design Tricks That Will Lift Your Web Sales - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/xeVBV
- Smartphones drive ebook sales in India | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/xeVF7
- BookMarketingBuzzBlog: You Can’t Be Camera Shy On Social Media http://ow.ly/xeVIt
- Goodreads introduces 'Ask the Author' - BookBaby Blog http://ow.ly/xeYz6
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: Know Your Genre: Tips and Secrets from the Experts for Writing Bestselling Genre Fiction http://ow.ly/xf3wO
- A Newbie's Guide to Publishing: Turow & Patterson: A Plateful of Fail with Extra Helpings of Stupid http://ow.ly/xfd99
Post a Comment