By: Jeff Bullas
Humans are extremely visual.
We experience life visually and the role of photos, images and videos in our life is evidenced by the sheer quantity (250 million a day) of photos of friends, family and cute dogs that are uploaded to Facebook every day .
I remember returning from the annual summer holidays and my father would invite all our friends over to view the photos and videos that he had taken on the yearly trip.
The visual record of the trip was a vital part of the the sharing of the stories and experiences that had occurred in our family travels.
Photos are highly engaging and the rise of Pinterest to become the 60th most visited site in the US last month provides more data to verify the attractiveness of beautiful images on this visual pinboard social media network site.
So Who is Using Pinterest?
Well according to the numbers it appears that women are the largest participants at 87%.
- Females 25-34 – 27%
- Females 35-44 – 29%
- Females 45-54 – 24%
So I would suggest to the males who read this blog that if they want to to hang out with smart, intelligent and attractive women then they need to look no further than Pinterest!
How Engaging is Pinterest?
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Fiction University (The Other Side of the Story): Busting the Outline Myth http://ow.ly/w9EH3
- How many words do you write a day? And do you have to force yourself? How successful authors do it | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/w9EZo
- Book Sales Dismal Lately? Could Be The Big 5! | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/w9Fl9
- The Marketers Guide to Pinterest - Infographic http://ow.ly/w9FFX
- Pinterest: A Beginner's Guide to the Hot New Social Network http://ow.ly/w9FPC
- Google Analytics: How to Make Smart Marketing Decisions | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/w9FUo
- Scrivener, Is It Really Worth the Bother? — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/w9G0D
- The various types of readers | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/w9GcY
- Case Study: When a Concept is TOO Big http://ow.ly/w9Gkf @Storyfix
- Prioritize http://ow.ly/w9GtM Daily Writing Tips
- Use Visual Content to Engage Your Audience: 9 Tips and 25 Examples http://ow.ly/w9GRY
Infographic by MDG Advertising