By: H.M. Ward
I thought I’d share what a typical release day looks like. Some things have changed since I started in 2011, but most are still the same.
Each novel has a release date that is announced on the website, blog, and social media pages a few weeks prior to release. I tell ppl when I start a new book/ series and do a cover reveal, so by the time I announce the release, they have been looking for it.
For serials, I give the readers a rough idea of when the next one will come out so I give myself enough time to write it. The cover is posted a few days prior to the release of the serial so everyone can see it and get excited. Then as soon as I get it back from editing I publish it.
What the heck is a book bomb?
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Launching a Book--By Throwing a Party | Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/ug3BI
- Maximizing Your Sales at Kobo by Mark Lefebvre (Director of Kobo Writing Life & Author Relations) http://ow.ly/uf9Qz
- 13 Great Tools to Analyze and Measure Your Social Media Results by Frances Caballo — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/ug6me
- 7 Different Questions To Ask On Facebook To Build Engagement - Baked Social Media | Baked Social Media http://ow.ly/ug7bH
- Author Tips: Book Bombs, Release Days, & Other Good Free Marketing Tips | H.M. Ward: http://ow.ly/ug7NT
- How to Write a Powerful Ending http://ow.ly/ugb18
- Your protagonist | The Passive Voice http://ow.ly/ugbfh
- A Writer's Journey: 3 Easy Steps to Fix Your Manuscript http://ow.ly/ugbsK
- Linda Clare's Writer's Tips: 3 EZ Tips to Promote Your Book http://ow.ly/ugc6j
- Your Time to Write!: Olympians & Accomplished Writers, & What They Have in Common http://ow.ly/ugdot
- 15 Grammar Goofs That Make You Look Silly | Selling Books http://ow.ly/ugdG9
- Why you shouldn't link from Facebook to Twitter (or vice versa) http://ow.ly/ugejC
- AUTHORS: How to Blog To Improve Your Creative Writing | Creative Writing with the Crimson League http://ow.ly/ugeAG
- Putting a Radio Show Together - The Savvy Book Marketer http://ow.ly/ugeIE
- What’s Love Got to Do with It? – Part Two | Writers In The Storm Blog http://ow.ly/ugePd
- Critiques Make Your Writing Better, So Grin and Bear Them http://ow.ly/ugf4F
- How to Use LinkedIn to Build Relationships and Generate Leads | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/ugf9A
- Beginner Week: My 43 DOs and 25 DON’Ts of Blogging : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/ugfZx
- 7 Creative Proofreading Tips To Transform Your Jaggedy Draft into a Polished Post - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/ugga8
- Writability: How to Make Cuts Without Losing Anything Useful http://ow.ly/uggho
- Books I Didn't Finish, AKA, What Killed it For Me | WRITERS HELPING WRITERSWRITERS HELPING WRITERS http://ow.ly/uggyt
- How to keep the author out of the story when writing fiction | http://ow.ly/uggHg
- Karen Cioffi Writing and Marketing: Plan a Virtual Book Tour: Be a Gracious Guest and Effective Promoter http://ow.ly/ugiTF
- Determine your Character’s Destiny http://ow.ly/ugj8t
- 5 Apps for Copy Editing - GalleyCat http://ow.ly/ugTLZ
- Women Dominate Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC] - AllTwitter http://ow.ly/uhqF0
- IndieReCon: THE #1 Most Powerful Book Promotion Strategy of Them All by Peter Bowerman http://ow.ly/uhqOG
- IndieReCon: Creating a Rock Star Publishing Team for Your Book by Miral Sattar of Bibliocrunch http://ow.ly/uhACv
- Assessing Pros and Cons of Outlining | Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/uhw1a
- Author Entrepreneur: Eight Essentials to Make Writing Pay the Bills | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/uhI9q