By: G. Doucette
Writing a decent sex scene isn't easy. I learned this the hard way, several times over, when writing my first erotic novel after years of penning sci-fi/fantasy genre books that averaged between zero and one such scene per book.
One novel hardly makes me an expert, but I learned a few things when transitioning from the fade to black variety of sex scene to the that was so graphic I think I may have committed a crime sort. Perhaps I can offer a road map to other writers seeking to make the same transition.
1. Practice makes perfect . . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
Jill Kemerer: Building an Author Platform Wore Me Out http://ow.ly/uRTGI
- How to take criticism like a champ: Pinterest http://ow.ly/uRTIM
- Writability: On Writing Dead Genres http://ow.ly/uRTM2
- Author, Jody Hedlund: 6 Key Things to Consider When Developing Characters http://ow.ly/uRTOp
- 3 Tips on How To Manage Literary Agents - Script Magazine http://ow.ly/uRXD3
- When to unveil your book cover - Books & Such Literary Management : Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/uRXSY
- AUTHORS: 3 Signals It Might Be Time To End Your Series | Creative Writing with the Crimson League http://ow.ly/uRXYR
- James Scott Bell: The "Write From The Middle" Method | WRITERS HELPING WRITERSWRITERS HELPING WRITERS http://ow.ly/uRY24
- How to Write a Good Sex Scene | G. Doucette http://ow.ly/uS2VQ
- Author Entrepreneur: Eight Essentials to Make Writing Pay the Bills | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/uS3Jo
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: Building Platform: What Most Writers are Getting Wrong http://ow.ly/uSoGF
- QueryTracker Blog: Five Ways to Land an Agent http://ow.ly/uSFNM
- Six Marketing Tips to Help You Find an Audience For Your Book - BLOG - Stories To Tell Books http://ow.ly/uSFX9
- Southern Writers: Suite T: Three Reasons You Might Be Tangled in the Web of Complacency http://ow.ly/uSG0G
- How to Sell More Ebooks With Simple, One-time Actions | Jimmie Lanley http://ow.ly/uSG5I
- 6 Fixes For Repetitive Writing http://t.co/vLJ5Xqzp3W via @HuffPostBooks
Post a Comment