HOW TO TRICK YOURSELF INTO WRITING, EDITING AND MARKETING
By: Bryan Cohen @bryancohenbooks
Self-motivation is crucial for authors, regardless of which publishing path you choose. Writing a book is difficult enough, but when you add on editing and marketing, it can feel impossible. And I’m crazy enough to have self-published 32 times. How did I do it? I learned a few ways to trick myself into doing work when my brain wants nothing but mindless entertainment.
Tricks for Writing
Tricks for Writing
My inner critic hates it when I write. This voice in my head enjoys pointing out all the faults in my work and howls with laughter when I close up shop early for the day. My most prolific writing periods came after I silenced the inner critic.
To read the rest of the post, click here.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Hashtags: A Tool for Discovery (A Hashtag Infographic) | Infographic A Day http://ow.ly/se9Av
- 120 Promotional Tips for Your Blog (new or old) | Infographic A Day http://ow.ly/se9HK
- 13 Reasons to Leave a Comment on a Blog Post You Love | Book Marketing Bestsellers http://ow.ly/se9Kd
- Recognize your achievements & incorporate novelty & creativity into your life ~ 3 Ways to Enjoy Your Work More http://ow.ly/seKMw
- "Being a young writer has a host of challenges just like any other part of life," Tips for Young Writers http://ow.ly/seLjb
- How often do you check your Activity Log? What is the Browse tool for? 4 Facebook Tools You Didn't Know Existed http://ow.ly/seLCO
- "Self-motivation is crucial for authors..." How to Trick Yourself into Writing, Editing and Marketing http://ow.ly/seMpq
- What Do You Want From Your Writing? by Dan Holloway http://ow.ly/seMIT Take a pause, a pen, a piece of paper, and write it down!
- Micro-published books are short, tight, & swift ~ 6 Ways Micro-Publishing Strengthens Your Career http://ow.ly/seNvj
- ~ Communicate the one main action you want visitors to take ~ Author website tip: keep your homepage simple http://ow.ly/seNNo
- [Interesting Post] Kirkus Reviews, 1933-2009 | Mark Athitakis' American Fiction Notes http://ow.ly/sePYY
- "I think we'll see huge changes in the way we communicate with audiences" 12 Social Media Predictions for 2014 http://ow.ly/sfoh2
- Drop vowels but be careful not to sound like a texting teenager | 6 Tips For Shorter Tweets [INFOGRAPHIC] http://ow.ly/sfYGH
- Are you thinking of starting a podcast? Read this ~ Podcasting for Business, Top Podcasters Share Success Tips http://ow.ly/sfYPn