By: Now Novel @nownovel
It’s no secret that middles are difficult. Many novels falter and fail at this stage, but you can do some things to ensure that this is not the case.
The second books of trilogies are prone to meandering while even longtime professional writers confess that they tend to lose steam in the middle of a book. It’s a time when both the excitement that propels you through the beginning stages of novel-writing and the sense of accomplishment that pushes you at the end seem very far away. The middle section of the book can feel like sitting in the doldrums waiting for a breath of air to move you in any direction at all. However, the tips below will help you stay focused through the difficult middle section of your novel.
To read the rest of the post, click here.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Motivation | How to make your romance novel feel real http://ow.ly/sUx2r
- The Other Side of the Story: 6 Tips on Making Similar Scenes Feel Different http://ow.ly/sUynn @janice_hardy
- Motivation | Writer’s tip: Avoid Sagging Middle Syndrome http://ow.ly/sUx9g
- Relationship Marketing, How to Build Meaningful Connections that Lead to Business | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/sUyyk
- The Kill Zone: Reader Friday: Hunting for the Right Word http://ow.ly/sUz68
- Create the Hook That Sells Your Book | Wise Ink's Blog for Indie Authors about Self-Publishing http://ow.ly/sUzIS
- Know Your Goals: Artist-Author or Professional-Author? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/sUAVc
- 11 Essential Rules for Powerful Twitter Marketing - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/sUB2B
- Not on Instagram? Your Blog Could be Missing Out : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/sUBkw
- Why is it so hard to write a decent ending? | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/sUBEU
- Writer Unboxed » Your Audience Is Unorganized http://ow.ly/sUBPM "You want to find a group of ideal readers for your books... "
- Relationships Matter: Use Power Words to Spice Up Every Page of Your Book or Website http://ow.ly/sUCAJ