By: Molly Greene
Lots of well-known publishing folks have already posted their 2014 industry predictions. Since I surfed around and read a bunch of them (while I was supposed to be writing) I thought I’d save you the time and the guilt and share what they’ve said – filtered, of course, through the lens of what I think is important.
We all know that the only constant is change, and 2014 won’t be an exception for authors. Much of what’s being said is similar (focus on readers and craft), but there are a couple of verrrry interesting comments I think may help us all on our quest for that pot of gold.
To read the rest of the post, click here.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Blogging - Does the Length of Your Blog Post Matter? (You Bet It Does, But Why?) http://ow.ly/su7tI
- Journeying http://ow.ly/su7z8"We need to keep our eye on the prize to remind us what our heart longs for, to motivate us..."
- Authors – Are You Having Trouble Getting Your Works Published? – Here Are Some Ideas to Help | Life Of Es http://ow.ly/su7HH
- 10 Top Pinterest Tips For Your Business http://ow.ly/su895
- A Switch from Writing Standalones to Continuing Story Arcs | Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/su8hq
- 10 Tips That Will Help You Stick To Your New Year’s Writing Resolutions - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/su8jh
- Let’s Parse The 2014 Publishing Predictions | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/su8nZ
- Branding 101: Do You Have a Tagline? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/su8OA
- How to Write a Tagline for Your Book (And Why You Need To) | http://ow.ly/su9lJ
- Abstruse vs. Obtuse http://ow.ly/su9O8 "What’s the difference between abstruse and obtuse?"
- 28 Amazing Content Marketing Ideas You Can Use Now - Heidi Cohen http://ow.ly/suazD
- How To Boost LinkedIn Engagement [INFOGRAPHIC] ~ Digital Information World http://ow.ly/suaFB
- How Authors Can Reach Readers in the Age of the Algorithm | Self-Publishing Advice http://ow.ly/suaKb
- 9 Ways to Get More Twitter Followers (Ethically) http://ow.ly/suaTT