By Razwana Wahid
The holy grail of guest blogging is not writing for a popular blog. It’s writing a popular post for a popular blog.
One that gets mentioned, shared, and retweeted.
One that sends you traffic and earns you subscribers.
The best part? It opens the door to a new relationship with the popular blogger, since hosting your viral post is also a win for them.
But let’s back up for a moment. How do you take your guest blogging game from so-so to superstar?
Here are six go-to strategies for writing a great guest post.
To read the rest of the post, click here.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- A Field Guide To Navigating Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC] - AllTwitter http://ow.ly/rvN6R
- Approaching Messy First Drafts | Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/rvOjJ
- Global Market Focus: Publishing And Book Marketing In India With Minal Hajratwala | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/rvPXr
- The Day I Almost Lost My Blogging Business By Having Too Many Eggs in the One Basket : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/rvQbd
- How to Trick Yourself into Writing, Editing and Marketing - Rachelle Gardner http://ow.ly/rvQYv
- 6 Ways to Knock Your Next Guest Post Out of the Park http://ow.ly/rvR7r
- To Succeed as an Author, Get Your ASK Out There! by Bob Baker — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/rvRdm
- 10 Tips for designing your Kindle Ebook Cover http://ow.ly/rvRiM
- Everything you wanted to know about advertising your book (book promotion through Google, Facebook and More http://ow.ly/rvRmT
- Can a new book cover double sales? A case study with 10 authors http://ow.ly/rvRAk
- Writer Unboxed » Ten Things I’ve Learned from Evaluating Self-Published Books for a Year http://ow.ly/rvRKV
- Amazon Making Big Changes – Authors Beware! | Author Marketing Experts, Inc. http://ow.ly/rvRSv
- WARNING: These 4 Self-Publishing Myths Are Keeping You Down : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/rx2aM
- 7 Steps to Becoming a Better Writer - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/rx2kh
- Twitter for Business: How to Use Twitter to Grow Your Influence | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/rx2qE
- Backstory in Your Novel: That’s on a Need to Know Basis - BLOG - Stories To Tell Books http://ow.ly/rx2xF
- Fear, Guilt, Shame, Self-Loathing, and Doubt - Anybody Up for Writing a Novel? http://ow.ly/rx2DO
- A Writer's Journey: Twitter Changes Auto-Follow Policy http://ow.ly/rx2WV
- How to Think Away Writing Distractions - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/rx3sD
- 7 Steps To Make Your Blog A Marketing Machine - Heidi Cohen http://ow.ly/rx3Gc
- 3 Things Holding Publishers Back | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/rx3LO
- 5 Rules For Conquering Chaos That Every Writer Should Know | Bestseller Labs http://ow.ly/rx7So
Happy writing & running, Kathy