By: Demian Farnworth
THE GROWING BENEFITS OF GOOGLE+
Google+ is one of the largest social networks on the planet.
It’s easier and faster to build an audience there than on any other social network. There are clear-cut SEO benefits. And Google baked perhaps the best video platform on the web right into it.
I’ve heard it said that communities thrive around relationships and activities. And the ability to build a thriving community couldn’t be more accessible than it is on Google+.
Fame has followed those who’ve worked Hangouts smartly.
Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield is a content marketing rock star. Italian Pio del Cin’s prolific interviews with the hottest people on Google+ is arguably one of the best things on Google+. And Chef Dennis Littley‘s stature as reigning food expert is a product of his cooking shows.
And don’t forget that it costs next to nothing to run Hangouts.
Fortunately, you don’t have to look far to find advice on hosting successful Hangouts. The conventional wisdom usually runs:
To read the rest of the post, click here.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 6 New Rules for Becoming a Google+ Hangouts Hotshot in 2014 - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/rUUzX
- 6 Effective Ways to Engage With Your Readers (So They Buy More Books) http://ow.ly/rUUMT
- Great Book Covers and How They Are Created - BLOG - Stories To Tell Books http://ow.ly/rUUSY
- [Infographic] Social Calls-to-Action Work | Dan Zarrella http://ow.ly/rUV4H
- Writing Out of Sequence | Fiction Notes by Darcy Pattison http://ow.ly/rUVa6
- How to Use Pressbooks to Go Blog-to-Book http://ow.ly/rUVkZ
- Your manuscript’s opening pages: Wow those agents from the beginning | Darla Writes http://ow.ly/rUVur
- That's Another Story: Favourite YA Reads from 2013 http://ow.ly/rUVMY
- The Facts and Figures on the Power of Visual Content Marketing - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/rUVUV
- 5 Reasons Social Media Will Always Sell More Books | Digital Book World http://ow.ly/rUW50
- How much is an email address from Facebook really worth? http://ow.ly/rUWgR
- Artzicarol Ramblings: Characters Who THINK (too much) http://ow.ly/rUWrW
- Killing the Top Ten Sacred Cows of Publishing: #8… You Can’t Make a Living with Your Fiction | http://ow.ly/rUX91
- Transition Words http://ow.ly/rV1Qy
- 7 Grammar Mistakes You're Probably Making | Grammarly http://ow.ly/rVX1q
- Social Media Marketing Lessons From 2013′s Hottest Buzz Words [INFOGRAPHIC] - AllTwitter http://ow.ly/rW2oX
- 6 Ways to Protect Your Twitter Reputation | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/rW9v1
- Case Study: An Experiment with Short Form Content : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/rW9zO
- How to Succeed Online (Even if You Aren't a Rock Star) - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/rW9Dm
- 5 Ways to Write a Damn Good Sentence http://ow.ly/rW9G8
Happy writing and running, Kathy