I visited this site today “An Archive of Book Cover Designs and Designers” (thanks to Book Marketing Expert’s newsletter) and found it fascinating.
Looking at rows and rows of covers is a good exercise. Each individual cover probably looks great, but when postage size covers are lined up side-by-side, some fall flat.
Look through a few pages. There are about 1,200 covers. Which ones appeal to you? Which ones don’t? Why? My eye is pulled toward softer images and colors that cause me to tilt my head and “Ah” with delight.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- The Other Side of the Story: Real Life Diagnostics: Testing Clarity and Wordiness in an Opening Scene http://ow.ly/q5F18
- Author Tips: Smart Marketing with Twitter | Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/q5Fv0
- Price Pulsing, Advertising, and Increasing Visibility on Amazon | Lindsay Buroker http://ow.ly/q5HWG
- Put a Little Heart in Your Book Promotion » Book Promotion . com http://ow.ly/q5IlY
- Exclusive Dialogue: When Readers Don’t Know What Your Characters Are Talking About - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/q5IBt
- How to Add Soundtracks to Your Stories http://ow.ly/q5IJs
- Karen Cioffi Writing and Marketing: The Computer and Data Storage – From Speed to Hard Drive to the Cloud http://ow.ly/q62WM
- How To Approach Other Writers About Blurbs - GalleyCat http://ow.ly/q6MxD
- 5 LinkedIn Company Page Tips to Enhance Your Marketing | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/q7btk
- How to Beat Amazon eBook Competition : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/q7bxL
- 11 Common Blogging Mistakes That Waste Your Audience's Time | Copyblogger http://ow.ly/q7bB2
- Where to Get Photos For Your Blog « Writerland http://ow.ly/q7bHx
- Why You Should Join Amazon AuthorCentral » Book Promotion . com http://ow.ly/q7bLv
- Why Your Book Pitch Matters (Even If You’re Self-Published) — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/q7bPx
- Karen Woodward: Writing A Scene That Works http://ow.ly/q7e7a
- Kickstarter for Authors | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/q7eac
- Save the Cat!® » Blog Archive » How the Beats Helped a Writer Self-Publish an Amazon Hit http://ow.ly/q7emr
- Savvy Writers & e-Books online | Writing & Publishing, e-Books & Book Marketing http://ow.ly/q7eEK
- Are We Overexposed on Social Media? - Books & Such Literary Agency : Books & Such Literary Agency http://ow.ly/q7hov
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Post a Comment