By: JOANNA PENN
There have always been various methods used to advertise and sell books. Social is just one of the latest incarnations.
It is still about hand-selling to individuals, but this time on a global scale. The first job of an author is to write great books, but these days, the second job is to market them, especially as a new author with no backlist. This is true for traditionally published as well as self-published authors.
The old adage goes that “50% of marketing works. We just don’t know which 50%”. It is indeed an inexact science but here’s how the marketing principle AIDA works.
To read the rest of his post, click here.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How To Sell Books With Social Media | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/oS9ID
- The Bookshelf Muse: Ask a Cover Designer: ANSWERS! http://ow.ly/oQJ2E
- Karen Woodward: How Not To Begin A Story http://ow.ly/oREBj
- Why Writers Should Read | How To Write Shop http://ow.ly/oRECM
- How Self-Published Authors Can Improve Our Industry | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/oREGY
- 10 Things Emerging Writers Need To Learn | TMR Blog http://ow.ly/oREJ4
- Blog Tours: Lessons Learned | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/oRELL
- 7 Tips for Shaping Your Writing Career - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/oREOJ
- Novel Rocket: Study the Market to Show Thyself Approved Unto the Publishers http://ow.ly/oRERQ
- Karen Woodward: 7 Tips On How To Get Your Guest Post Accepted http://ow.ly/oRESP
- The Bookshelf Muse: Physical Attributes Entry: Voice http://ow.ly/oRGtB
- The Other Side of the Story: Start With the Protagonist, or the Circumstance? http://ow.ly/oS9hR
- Does A Writer Need An Office? | Write to Done http://ow.ly/oS9na
- 10 Counterintuitive Tips for Self-Publishers | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/oS9sT
- Can a Foreign Language Enhance your Writing? http://ow.ly/oS9vj
- The Chemistry Between Writer and Reader @fcmalby http://ow.ly/oS9xM
- For Fiction Authors – How To Earn a Full-Time Income Writing Fiction Books | TCK Publishing http://ow.ly/oS9C5
- Why Bloggers Need to Belong to an Online Community http://ow.ly/oS9Dx
- Creative Writing and the Frame Narrative | Creative Writing with the Crimson League http://ow.ly/oS9EY
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.