By Liz Shulte
Blurbs. No writer enjoys writing them. The task of taking a novel and cutting it down to 100-250 words seems absurd. How can you possibly tell the reader everything they need to know in that short amount of time?
That’s why you wrote the book. The book tells the story. The blurb makes them want to invest the time it takes to read the story. There is a difference.
To read the rest of the post, click here.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How To Write A Book Blurb | http://ow.ly/oRaFY
- OMG…Is that an Editing Mistake? | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/oQ8oB
- Writing In Wonderland: 4 Reasons to Buy Books in Print http://ow.ly/oQ8uJ
- Getting Your Start as an Indie Author in 2013, Part 1: Where We're At Today | Failure Ahoy! http://ow.ly/oQ8I2
- The 5 Rookie Mistakes Writers Make When Negotiating A Contract - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/oQ8Pe
- David Farland’s Daily Kick in the Pants—A Recipe for Great Characters http://ow.ly/oQ8UU
- How Searchable are Your Book’s Title and Subtitle? by K.M. Weiland — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/oQ8XE
- Relationships Matter: The One Safe Prediction - 8 Guesses About Publishing in 5 Years http://ow.ly/oQ9lB
- Novel Rocket: Five Sentence Synopsis -- Surgery for Your Work In Progress ~ Camy Tang http://ow.ly/oQa9O
- 7 Places Bloggers Can Get Design Work Done (Without Breaking The Bank) : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/oQazN
- How to Treat Postpositive Adjectives http://ow.ly/oQj2A
- How to Create Characters Who Will Come Alive in Your Novel http://ow.ly/oQIkJ
- How to write discussion questions for your novel | Jordan McCollum http://ow.ly/oR253
- Writing Setting and Other Description—Getting Past the “Who Cares?” Aspect | Mystery Writing is Murder http://ow.ly/oR2cp
- Six Reasons Not to Turn Your Role-Playing Game into a Novel - The Fictorian Era http://ow.ly/oR2pS
- Pitching Your Projects - Rachelle Gardner http://ow.ly/oR2CY
- How Searchable are Your Book’s Title and Subtitle? by K.M. Weiland — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/oR2KX
- 9 Powerful Tips for Writing Your First Successful Ebook http://ow.ly/oQIsW
- Storytelling is getting formulaic. This is an opportunity | Nathan Bransford, Author http://ow.ly/oR34H
- Facebook Posts for Massive Engagement — Amy Porterfield http://ow.ly/oR3mZ
- Amazon Controls 79% of the eBook Market in the UK | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/oR3CH
- Social Media Examiner: Social media marketing how to, research, case studies, news and more! http://ow.ly/oR3ID
- 7 Places Bloggers Can Get Design Work Done (Without Breaking The Bank) : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/oR3QZ
- Dialogue: Punctuation | Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/oR3Vz
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Post a Comment