Don’t you love sweet romantic comedies? I do, and one of my favorites is You’ve Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. Since the release in 1998, I’ve watched the movie a dozen or more times.
Today, I stop during my run to get a picture taken at the Riverside Park, 91st Street Garden. It’s a gorgeous park to run not only for the flowers, but for the view of the Hudson. And, what makes it really great is the long stretches of flat ground and down hills, but boy-oh-boy, you make up for it on the way back.
In the movie, Joe asks Kathleen to meet him in Riverside Park. Enjoy this clip.
At the “big reveal”, the only thing Kathleen could say was, "I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly." What words would you have given her to say if you'd written the script?
Something to think about on a Wednesday . . .
Happy writing & running, and if you get a chance, be sure to visit the Riverside Park, 91st Street Garden, Kathy
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How To Measure Crowd Response Through Analytics http://ow.ly/nDyNH
- Why write romance? by guest Juli. D. Revezzo | Barbara Edwards Comments http://ow.ly/nDJAO
- Beyond Bodice-Rippers: How Romance Novels Came to Embrace Feminism - Jessica Luther - The Atlantic http://ow.ly/nDJMw
- Best Business Advice for Writers: July 2013 | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/nDLCP
- 72% Of Adults Use Social Media (And One In Five Use Twitter) [STUDY] - AllTwitter http://ow.ly/nEDdd
- What Makes a Female Character Strong? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/nERed
- Do You Have Resilience? - Books & Such Literary Agency : Books & Such Literary Agency http://ow.ly/nFwan
- The Other Side of the Story: Gender Bending: Writing a Different Gender Than Your Own http://ow.ly/nFwfv via @janice_hardy
- Four More Things Published Authors Know That You Should Too | Writing and Illustrating http://ow.ly/nFwop
- Blood-Red Pencil: Choosing the Right Word(s) http://ow.ly/nFwv7
- How to Increase Your Publishing Odds by Ransom Stephens http://ow.ly/nFRTG
- Publishing Short-Form Content | Social Media Today http://ow.ly/nFVQV
- 2 Ways to Manage a Large Cast of Characters in Your Novel http://ow.ly/nGDeN
- The Write Conversation : Social Media Monday—10 Never-Fail Ideas for Twitter Updates http://ow.ly/nGJTx
- 5 Tips for Navigating the Marketing Maze - Marcy Kennedy http://ow.ly/nGK2m
- The Importance of Knowing Our Audience and Genre | Mystery Writing is Murder http://ow.ly/nGKds
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.