By: Ross Simmonds
Sometimes people will favourite your tweets, other times they’ll reply and if you’re really lucky you might even land a retweet. While each of these interactions are great, the retweet often has more benefit than any other.
You know just as well as I do that generating retweets isn’t easy. You can send out as many tweets as you’d like but unless you’re an internet celebrity, it’s not easy generating a consistent stream of retweets.
Have you ever sent out a tweet and wondered why no one responded? Have you ever wondered why people would favourite a tweet instead of press the RT button?
One thing I’ve learned since joining Twitter many years ago, is that there’s both an art and science to getting retweets. While it’s a complex challenge, it’s one that I’ve studied and hope to shed light on in this very blog post.
Here are four of my own tried and tested strategies that will spark retweets:
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 4 Successful Strategies to Generating More Retweets on Twitter http://ow.ly/nfUrd
- How To Write A Query Letter | C H Griffin http://ow.ly/nfVlj
- Chapter Length | Mystery Writing is Murder http://ow.ly/nfVrp
- The Other Side of the Story: Guest Author Jordan McCollum: 5 Steps to Better Character Arcs http://ow.ly/nfVtE
- Creative Writing Blog | Writing Tips and Ideas: How To Write Better Poetry http://ow.ly/nfVy9
- How To Target an Audience (And Avoid Book Launch Flop) | Your Writer Platform http://ow.ly/nfVS7
- But I want to Target my Readers | Self-Published Authors Helping Other Authors http://ow.ly/nfW1K
- Novel Rocket: The Myth of Daily Word Count http://ow.ly/nfW6c
- Publishing 3.0 - How to self-publish a Bestseller | Indie Author News http://ow.ly/nfWgJ
- How To Create THE Perfect Tweet – an infographic http://ow.ly/nh0J0
- Dialogue: Make Each Character Unique http://ow.ly/nhqYD
- A Case Study in Concept: A Story on the Brink http://ow.ly/nhrd6
- Combining Sentences http://ow.ly/nhryg via Daily Writing Tips
- Why Is Pinterest So Addictive? an Infographic http://ow.ly/nh38n
- The Odds Are Against You, Might As Well Get to Writing http://ow.ly/nhrUp via @write_practice
- Writer Unboxed » The Sea Change of Self-Publishing http://ow.ly/nihPW
- QueryTracker Blog: An Author's Complete Guide to Using Goodreads, Part I: Mechanics http://ow.ly/nihWn
- Blood-Red Pencil: All in the Family http://ow.ly/nii0x Bringing characters to life by including family members
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.