By: Joanna Penn
This article addresses a question I know writers struggle with all the time. Most of us would love to think that our books will touch the world, but it just isn’t true.
You can’t have all the cupcakes!
Your book will only ever appeal to a specific group of people and your marketing life will be a LOT easier if you identify who they are, and then where they are.
In today’s article, Nick Thacker goes through an easy process to get started on this difficult process.
The elusive “target market.”
These words tend to make event the most business-savvy writer go crazy, for one reason:
Writers aren’t marketers, right?
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How To Find Your Target Market | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/ndGGT
- How to Write a Website Bio That Rocks http://ow.ly/ncX6e
- Facebook, Twitter And Pinterest All Dwarf Google+ For Social Sharing [INFOGRAPHIC] - AllTwitter http://ow.ly/ndgql
- Facebook plans video ads rollout amid substantial ad type reduction http://ow.ly/ndizr
- Ten Blogs and Websites Every Indie Author Should Know | Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/ndD8l
- How To Help Your Content Rise Above The Noise [Infographic] — socialmouths http://ow.ly/ndFzb
- Self-Publishing Blog | Indie Author Book Marketing Help | How to Launch A Book in 3 Steps | Duolit http://ow.ly/ndFBV
- Seeking the Write Life: Are Your Characters Responsive? http://ow.ly/ndFIw
- What J.K. Rowling and Robert Galbraith Can Teach Us About Author Platform — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/ndFPL
- Karen Woodward: A Must Have App For Writers: Index Card (5 out of 5 stars) http://ow.ly/ndGiY
- Use Your Personal Network To Publicize Your Self-Published Book - BLOG - Stories To Tell Books http://ow.ly/ndGsR
- Where Writers Win - Marketing, Websites, Training and Tools for Emerging Authors http://ow.ly/ndGD6
- The Writers' Lens: Are You Reading Your Genre? http://ow.ly/ndGNg
- Facing a Social Media Apocalypse? Sometimes We Need to Mend the Hearts We Hurt | Kristen Lamb's Blog http://ow.ly/neS34
- Does Free Still Work? | The Passive Voice | Writers, Writing, Self-Publishing, Disruptive Innovation and the Universe http://ow.ly/neSmD
- "Dishin' It Out": The Best Advice I've Ever Heard by Jon Gordon http://ow.ly/neSAR
- The 3 Core Elements of Good Storytelling (And Why Your Business Needs Them) | Copyblogger http://ow.ly/neSTo
- Self-Publishing a Book: 7 Things You’ll Need For Your Marketing Plan - BLOG - Stories To Tell Books http://ow.ly/ndGwl
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Post a Comment