How do you keep yourself fresh, inspired and creative as a blogger?
I was asked variations of this question three times this week, so thought I’d put my mind to giving a public answer.
There are certainly times when I don’t feel overly ‘fresh’, ‘inspired’ or ‘creative’. However, I guess over the last 10 years of blogging I’ve begun to develop some rhythms and habits that enable me to keep consistently create content on a daily basis.
One of the things that I’ve intuitively done over the last few years is to put aside time each week for activities that help me keep fresh. These activities aren’t specific to blogging and I suspect they might be helpful for people working in many kinds of jobs – particularly those where you need to develop ideas and be creative.
Here’s a quick summary of the types of activities I try to include in my life each week:
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- ProBlogger Blog Tips – The Blog : 9 Ways to Keep You Fresh, Inspired and Creative @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/mGIAV
- Superhero Nation: how to write superhero novels, comic books and superhero books » Setting as a Character http://ow.ly/mFSLF
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/mGto1
- The Appeal of Spy Fiction--Guest Post by Jordan McCollum | Mystery Writing is Murder http://ow.ly/mGtPw
- Troubleshooting Deep Point of View and Voice http://ow.ly/mGtUb
- WG2E Quick Reports (July 2013): Amazon Associates and ALLi http://ow.ly/mGuaI
- The Alliance of Independent Authors – a Q&A with Orna Ross | David Gaughran http://ow.ly/mGudL
- Writer Unboxed » Strength In Weakness http://ow.ly/mGuBS
- The One Thing An Author Should Never Do On Social Media... | Bestseller Labs http://ow.ly/mGwaR
- Vine Unveils Biggest Update Yet: New Camera Tools, Revining, Protected Posts, More - AllTwitter http://ow.ly/mGyZk
- Twitter Now Suggests Hashtags As You Compose A Tweet - AllTwitter http://ow.ly/mGz8N
- Best Business Advice for Writers: June 2013 | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/mGCd8
- 5 Appositive Phrases with Punctuation Problems http://ow.ly/mGClW via Daily Writing Tips
- Content Marketing, Google Plus And Book Marketing Tips With Penny Sansevieri | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/mGFen
- Writing on the Ether: What Do Authors Owe Independents? http://ow.ly/mGELj
- Publishing Jargon-Buster: Ten Words Unpacked | Tor.com http://ow.ly/mGIeh
- How to Find More Content Ideas than You’ll Ever be Able to Write | Copyblogger http://ow.ly/mGIqv
- 20 Strategies for Writing in Plain Language http://ow.ly/mGEpk via Daily Writing Tips
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Post a Comment