By: Candace Johnson
If you are serious about your writing, you’ve probably searched for the magic formula that will guarantee publication of your work. I hate to be the one to break this to you, but there is no magic formula.
Writing is hard. Writing well is hard work. Writing well enough to see your work published takes time, dedication, ruthless editing, and yes, a bit of luck.
Luck isn’t something you have much control over . . . but you do have control over time, dedication, and ruthless editing.
Millions of words have been written about finding and making time to write, so you’re probably working on that, and you’re already dedicated to your craft or you wouldn’t be reading Stephen King’s On Writing and searching blogs for ideas on how to make a living in this crazy business.
That leaves ruthless editing as your ticket to instantly improving your writing.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How to (Almost) Instantly Improve Your Writing | change it up editing http://ow.ly/mE2E0
- The secret truth about writing | The Red Pen of Doom http://ow.ly/mE2GJ
- 5 Reasons Why Amazon's Kindle Worlds Is Great For Writers - the official website of Harrison Bradlow http://ow.ly/mE35t
- Letting Go of Scarcity Thinking - Rachelle Gardner http://ow.ly/mE3aQ
- 12 Most Snappy Ways to Revitalize Your Social Media Presence http://ow.ly/mE3cM
- ISBN Advice for Self-Published Authors - GalleyCat http://ow.ly/mE3oC
- The Secret Way to Find a Literary Agent http://ow.ly/mE3r5
- Why We (and Our Characters) Fall in Love: Part Four | Writers In The Storm Blog http://ow.ly/mE3tp
- A Conversation between Critique Partners: Trusting Your Own Work http://ow.ly/mE3wd
- Writer Musings: The Shape of a Story http://ow.ly/mE3FD
- Size Matters, Length Not So Much — Veronica Sicoe http://ow.ly/mE3KO
- 5 Things Indie Authors Do Very Well - IndieReader http://ow.ly/mE3NV
- How Young is a Young Adult? - Amazing Stories http://ow.ly/mE43W
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/mEHDl
- Self-Publishing Blog | Indie Author Book Marketing Help | Duolit http://ow.ly/mFopp
- Should You Self-Publish Your First Book ? | Indie Author News http://ow.ly/mFowf
- THE EDITOR DEVIL: Top 10 Marketing No’s-No’s for Authors http://ow.ly/mFoCS
- Karen Woodward: Is Writing Rewriting? A Historical Perspective http://ow.ly/mFoJn
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.