By: Matt Bird via Cockeyed Caravan (Underrated Moves and Other Stories
The Conventional Wisdom:
- I have never seen any other storytelling guru mention this essential step. It took me years to figure it out, but as soon as I did, I noticed that it happens all the time.
What Human Nature Dictates:
- We always begin a huge project with proposed end in sight, but we rarely finish unless there’s an externally-imposed deadline to kick us in the ass. And surprise: that’s when we do our best work. Self-motivation peters out at the worst possible times, but impending doom sharpens the mind.
What Writers Should Keep in Mind:
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Top 4 Reasons Agents Pass Based On Your Sample Chapters http://ow.ly/mcGaZ via @carlywatters
- Too many deadlines? Here’s how to avoid panic mode http://ow.ly/mcGIX
- Opportunities and Obstacles for Women in Book Publishing http://ow.ly/mcGNu
- What IS An Indie Author? http://ow.ly/mcGSa
- 5 Ways to Thank Community on Social Media http://ow.ly/mcH0a
- Archetypes 101: The Sage http://ow.ly/mcH33
- When Your Process Doesn’t Work http://ow.ly/mcH5L via @AimeeLSalter
- Sell More Books with a Virtual Book Tour http://ow.ly/mcHak
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/mddtk
- Creating A Book Trailer http://ow.ly/mdgCe
- Self-Publishing Basics: 5 Layout Mistakes that Make You Look Unprofessional http://ow.ly/mdFOE
- 7 Tips for Brainstorming http://ow.ly/mdGUr via Daily Writing Tips
- How To Stop Procrastinating Before It’s Too Late http://ow.ly/mdHbo vvia @write_practice
- What Successful Self-Publishers Do Well http://ow.ly/mdLM5 via @PassiveVoiceBlg
- Authors + Content + Readers = Wattpad http://ow.ly/mdMbX
- Two Great Ways to Connect With Book Clubs http://ow.ly/mdNGA
- Master Plot for Pacing, Characterization and Action http://ow.ly/mdNZ2
- How To Structure a Story Around a Large Problem, Step 13: The Timeline is Unexpectedly Moved Up http://ow.ly/mdOjJ
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Post a Comment