By: Jeff Goins @jeffgoins
The world is full of people who want to be heard. But how many are actually saying something?
The Internet is crowded with those who are conversing, but who is creating stuff worth our time?
For years, I blogged in vain attempts at achieving popularity. I wanted people to like me and marvel at the profundity of my words. And I failed. It wasn’t until I built a resource of content that people took notice.
If you want to earn the attention your work deserves, you will have to prove you have something to say. That you’ve got something we can’t miss. And how do you do that? You build something.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- What the Web Needs (from You) http://ow.ly/mbipS via @jeffgoins
- More Answers to Questions About Capitalization http://ow.ly/m8OA4
- Why Good Marketing Spreads on the Internet http://t.co/0Wp2Sb1yzH via @itsjessicann RT @cnord2
- The 7 Basic Plots: Bonus Plots! http://ow.ly/m9Q7B via @write_practice
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/mb0Fg
- Getting the Most out of Smashwords http://ow.ly/mb0LP
- Scene Breaks In Ebooks: Giving Readers A Clue http://ow.ly/mb0RU
- How To Secure Your WordPress Site Against Hackers: http://t.co/kKhR8MWicJ @lifehackorg RT @elizabethscraig
- Working Backward to Flesh Out Your Plot http://t.co/jRcQeKzeCd via @janice_hardy
- One In Four People Worldwide Use Social Media [STUDY] http://ow.ly/mb1fH
- How frequently should writers blog? http://t.co/mPyvzWiuby @problogger RT @elizabethscraig
- 3 Problems of Parallel Structure http://ow.ly/mbcgn via Daily Writing Tips
- How Self-Published Books Are Made: Start To Finish (PART I) http://ow.ly/mbi1B
- The Newcomers Guide To Twitter Part 6: How To Write Great Tweets #New2Twitter http://ow.ly/mclsm
- The Ten Comandments of Query Letters http://ow.ly/mclEa
- Dos and Don’ts for a Good Self-Published PR Experience http://ow.ly/mcmqV
- How To Make a Book Cover with Public Domain Images http://ow.ly/mcnwe
- Save Time In Getting Book Reviews And Formatting Book Sales Descriptions With Jim Kukral http://ow.ly/mcnE9 via @thecreativepenn
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.