By: Marg McAlister
Sit back, and imagine what it feels like to be you. Now that shouldn't be too hard - you've lived in your own skin for a long time.
- Do you feel happy or sad?
- Do you feel on edge or relaxed?
- Do you feel tired or energetic?
- Do you feel angry or calm?
Now think about how you know these things.
You have various bodily symptoms that accurately represent your feelings. "Happiness" feels light and contented. You might be sitting there quietly humming a tune. You might be suffused with a quiet feeling of well being.
"Sadness" is different. If you're sad, the world suddenly seems a grey, cheerless place. There's a heaviness in your chest, and maybe even a silent cry of despair that you're aching to let go. Perhaps you have a lump in your throat from trying to hold back the tears; trying to keep a stiff upper lip.
That's what it FEELS like to be you when you're happy or sad.
Now imagine you're going to nip across into someone else's body for a moment. Someone standing across the room looking at you. How can that person tell that you're happy?
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How to Avoid Viewpoint Slips http://ow.ly/lw0Un
- Answers to Questions About Subject-Verb Agreement http://ow.ly/ltgj2 via Daily Writing Tips
- Maximize Your KDP Select Free Days http://ow.ly/ltgON
- 6 Reasons Google+ Beats Facebook for Author Platform Building http://ow.ly/lthTJ VIA @Janefriedman
- Twitter for Writers: Two golden rules http://t.co/btDDO6BPAH RT @marybuckham
- Finding Your Unique Author Voice… Like Everyone Else? http://ow.ly/luU2D
- Creative Writing Tip: Even Pantsers Need Some Planning http://t.co/HstPf7yr4b via @vgrefer RT @janice_hardy
- Don't Go Full Cinders http://t.co/hO4TvUGrE5 RT @evelyn_puerto
- How different is blogging from writing fiction? http://ow.ly/luUeq
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/luTTr
- How to Identify People by Name http://ow.ly/lv7tH via Daily Writing Tips
- How Marketers and Advertisers Are Using Social Video [INFOGRAPHIC] http://ow.ly/lv7Gl
- Back to Basics: What Is Marketing on the Web? [INFOGRAPHIC] http://ow.ly/lv7N7
- 5 Ways Writers Can Get the Most Out of Goodreads http://ow.ly/lvZq1
- How To Write Your Best Post Ever – Part 1: Planning http://ow.ly/lw0fE via Write to Done
- The biggest difference between Amazon and book publishers http://ow.ly/lw0ul via @PassiveVoiceBlg
- Help Your Readers SEE Your Characters http://ow.ly/lw0Q8
- Writing Books for Children - Traditional Submissions http://ow.ly/lw18M
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.