|Eating PinkBerry after school|
I returned home last night after spending a week in New York City. My niece graduated from Columbia Law School, and I joined my brother's family for their celebration.
I fly up to the city several times a year to see my grandchildren. I LOVE New York and could easily live there, except that it’s so expensive. The best bagels in town are across the street from my daughter’s apartment. You can’t beat a cup of coffee and a piping hot bagel first thing in the morning.
|My daughter and my niece Ali|
at Ali's law school graduation celebration
I also get to run in Central Park. It’s a 5-mile run from the apartment to the park around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir and back home. People even ask me for directions now, and I can answer them with more than, “I don’t know. I’m just visiting.” I’m beginning to feel like it’s a second home.
|With my nephew at his sister's celebration|
My writing space overlooks Broadway and the Hudson River. The view provides inspiration, but three kids and a busy schedule have a way of bumping my writing time down the list of activities for the day. I have a couple of hours after they go to school, then I go for a run, then lunch, and then it’s time to pick them up. The next thing I know, it’s 6:00, and I’m exhausted.
|Dinner at the Gotham Bar & Grill|
When my kids were young, I was a much better juggler. Now, I do well with one ball. Give me two, and I drop one immediately. Multi-tasker? Not me. Not anymore.
I’m back in my writer’s chair in Kentucky. Vacation’s over and it’s time to get this round of edits done so I can release THE LAST MACKLENNA and move on to the next book. I’m heading to the UK on July 7 for ten days, so it’s crunch time.
|At the Natural History Museum|
How about you? How do you handle interruptions in your schedule and still find time to write?
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday morning, here they are again:
- 6 Rules of Thumb From an Editor-Turned-Writer http://ow.ly/lp7RO via @janefriedman
- Infographic: 5 Key Book Publishing Paths http://ow.ly/lp7ZR
- If You Weren't You, I Could Sell This In A Minute http://ow.ly/lp840
- How to Craft a Successful Title for Your Book http://ow.ly/lp8hi
- Twitter for Writers: Two golden rules http://ow.ly/lp8ry
- Does quality matter in the new publishing paradigm? http://ow.ly/lp8xM
- Self-Publishing: Who Says Your Book Isn’t Real? http://ow.ly/lp8Bj @thecreativepenn
- Physical Attributes Entry: Back http://ow.ly/lp8PX via The Bookshelf Muse
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/lp8VE
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.