By Matt Haig via The Passive Voice Blog @passivevoiceblg
I worry that sometimes in my blogs I have gone on a little bit too much about the wonders of being a writer, and so this time I’m giving the other side of the story.
1. They have bad backs. Maybe not the debut writers, but by the time of their third or fourth novel, they can hardly walk. This is why Margaret Atwood has to be winched everywhere with the aid of a helicopter. It is why Salman Rushdie is eight inches shorter than he used to be. It is why Julian Barnes always clenches his jaw.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 10 Reasons Not to Be A Writer http://ow.ly/loOvm via @PassiveVoiceBlg
- 3 Ways to Add Repetition That Pleases Readers via @KMWeiland http://ow.ly/lobtl
- What Downton Abbey Can Teach us About Tension: http://t.co/w7IGTGpgmw @Janice_Hardy RT @elizabethscraig
- Write a killer first line: http://t.co/K1c8uqrBAo @MartinaABoone @finneyfrock RT @elizabethscraig
- Steve Jobs and 5 Tips for Being a Successful Author http://ow.ly/lobB0 via @KristenLambTX
- 10 Things to Remember About Sequels http://ow.ly/lobOd via @janice_hardy
- 5 Things Indie Authors Do Very Well http://ow.ly/loc1O via @PassiveVoiceBlg
- Are You Giving Readers Only The “Minimum Amount” Of Your Attention? http://ow.ly/loc6i via Writer Unboxed
- Twitter Wants To Import Your Contacts (And Increase Your Activity) http://ow.ly/locap
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/loceI
- How to Use Stream of Consciousness: http://t.co/n9BO579dLz @KMWeiland RT @elizabethscraig:
- Writing partner etiquette: http://t.co/uEd37VEFz1 @KenLevine RT @elizabethscraig:
- Know the Three Levels of Tradecraft http://ow.ly/loNSI via Cockeyed Caravan
- How to Inspire Your Writing… Now! http://ow.ly/loNXI via @write_practice
- The Continuing Chaos of Concept http://ow.ly/loO49 via @storyfix
- Writers, are you a part of the reading community? http://ow.ly/loOcb via @FictionNotes
- Self-Publishing: Who Says Your Book Isn’t Real? http://ow.ly/loOys via @thecreativepenn
- Wins’ Without Losses: Agreeable Disagreement http://ow.ly/loOA8 via Writer Unboxed
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Post a Comment