HOW TO WRITE A TERRIFIC REVIEW
By: Writer Victoria Grefer talks about how to write a fantabulous review.
What To Include
1. Is this a genre you normally read?
Or, another example, if a reader only enjoyed mainstream or literary books they might think it was too predictable for words that the murderer was apprehended at the end of your murder mystery, but that's not a legitimate criticism. Sure, it could be a criticism of the genre but to leave the murder unsolved would have readers howling for your blood. (And murder mystery readers are a clever bunch, so you don't want that. ;)
2. Plot summary
Click here to read the rest of the post (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How To Write A Terrific Review http://t.co/GVTakWmJBg @woodwardkaren
- Even Alpha Writers Need Beta Readers http://ow.ly/limrF
- How to Increase Tension in your Story: http://t.co/AttethFYxf @SHalvatzis RT @elizabethscraig:
- 6 Rules of Thumb From an Editor-Turned-Writer http://t.co/ZMkb2m3AmM RT @evelyn_puerto
- Writing Fiction: Bring Your Characters To Life With Roz Morris http://ow.ly/ljGUJ
- Three Tips for Naming Characters http://ow.ly/ljQav
- Moving Out of Your Writing Comfort Zone http://ow.ly/ljQrY
- Authors, Consider Blog Talk Radio! http://ow.ly/ljQCu via @mollygreene
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/ljRVl
- 10 Points About Possessives http://ow.ly/lkkou via Daily Writing Tips
- Ten Deadly Marketing Mistakes Almost Every Author Makes http://ow.ly/lklMm
- It's not enough to write the book. Self-pubbed authors must think about business: http://t.co/zfQKQZq5LO @NatalieGayle1 RT @elizabethscraig
- How to Nail the Opening of Your Blog Post http://ow.ly/lkoa7 via @copyblogger
- 4 Reasons Why You Need To Change Your Username On Twitter http://ow.ly/lkoNA
- 7 Tips To Get More Followers On Twitter [INFOGRAPHIC] http://ow.ly/lkpCR http://ow.ly/lkpPX
- A Groundbreaking Change for EBook Sales http://ow.ly/lkq1f via @PassiveVoiceBlg
- What Is New Adult Fiction? http://ow.ly/lkqEA via Galleycat
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Hello, Katherine. Just wanted you to know that I gave you the Sunshine Award over at my blog. I'm a subscriber and invariably pour back over your comments. Thanks for being such a good online teacher! Beth
Post a Comment