By: Claire Ryan
Okay, we all know about this. Piracy, the great and terrifying force that’s destroying authors’ means to make a living on one hand, and getting their work in front of thousands of new readers on the other. There’s plenty of conflicting information out there.
Let’s get down to business, shall we? Here’s what you need to know, my dear author friends, in a handy bullet point list.
1. Piracy is not something that can be stopped.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- What You Need to Know about Book Piracy http://ow.ly/leM0V via @PassiveVoiceBlg
- 2 tips to help you build your online presence: http://t.co/SCMqiuSSzE @BloggingTipsComRT @elizabethscraig
- Write first thing in the morning? Are you crazy? http://t.co/mCxmCU9OLV @JennaAvery
- A Powerful Storytelling Tool: Getting Readers to Fill In Your Character’s Blanks http://ow.ly/leL8X via @KMWeiland
- Facebook Ads vs Promoted Posts: A Side-by-Side Comparison http://ow.ly/leLu8 via SocialMouths
- The 3 Types of Character Arc – Change, Growth and Fall http://ow.ly/leLEM via @Veronicasicoe
- Linguistic Quirks: What Wordbirthing & Name-Nicking Can Do for Fiction http://ow.ly/leLRy via Writer Unboxed
- When Should We Add the (Book) Marketing? http://ow.ly/leM86 via @jfbookman
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Poss http://ow.ly/leNLj
- What It Takes to Be a Real Author CEO: http://t.co/li9l7wfXIA @KristenLambTX RT @elizabethscraig:
- The 7 Basic Plots: Rebirth http://ow.ly/lfcKV
- The Rationale for the Serial Comma http://ow.ly/lfh4J via Daily Writing Tips
- Letting Go of Security Thinking http://ow.ly/lfOhh via @RachelleGardner
- 9 Tools that No Serious Online Writer Should Be Without http://ow.ly/lgacq
- Things A Scene Needs http://ow.ly/lgeAG
- Tips for Hiring a Book Cover Designer That Will Save You Money http://t.co/GLsXEcC2kK RT @evelyn_puerto
- How NOT to Self-Publish: 12 Things for New Indies to Avoid http://ow.ly/lgeZd via @annerallen
- PR and Marketing for Self-Publishing: Do’s and Don’ts http://ow.ly/lgfGn via Writers Unboxed
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.