By Orna Rose via How to Successfully Self-Publish
A while ago, we posed some questions about the qualities that we believe a writer must have if they are to succeed at self-publishing.
These are largely questions of character and dispostion, qualities an indie author needs to have to stay the course -- like bravery, resilience, and a fondness for work.
If you've considered these qualities and satisfied yourself that you have what it takes, there are six final questions you should ask yourself before taking the plunge.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 6 +Questions To Ask Before You Self-Publish: http://t.co/QT1zNgqgwg @IndieAuthorALLI RT @elizabethscraig
- 10 Tips About How to Write a Caption http://ow.ly/kIihv via Daily Writing Tips
- 3 Reasons Critiquing Will Improve Your Writing http://ow.ly/kIiAH
- Bold Storytelling Statements That Are Almost Always True http://ow.ly/kIm4x via @storyfix
- Premise vs Plot – Which Do You Have? By @Janice_Hardy http://ow.ly/kImeB
- Writer quirks: http://t.co/35kL7idFUK @JanetBoyer RT @elizabethscraig:
- The Book Marketing Snowball http://ow.ly/kImCe
- Creating The Perfect Sleuth http://ow.ly/kImTq via @woodwardkaren
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/kIDQt
- 5 Quick Facebook Tips for the Busy and Shy: http://t.co/RYCSY21pLu @GeneLempp RT @elizabethscraig
- Should You Maintain the Same POV Distance Throughout the Novel? [feedly] http://t.co/t9IWlQ84c3 @Janice_Hardy
- Having trouble writing? Try this famous author’s technique http://t.co/yuFu0SQrI2 RT @evelyn_puerto:
- Bold Storytelling Statements That Are Almost Always True http://ow.ly/kIPFe via @storyfix
- Why Some Blog Writers Become Incredibly Popular and You Can, Too. http://ow.ly/kIPTH
- 6 Amazing Social Media Statistics For Brands And Businesses [INFOGRAPHIC] http://ow.ly/kIQlj
- Lessons Learned From Bestselling Indie Authors On Writing And Book Marketing http://ow.ly/kIRRM via @thecreativepenn
- Getting the Most out of Smashwords http://ow.ly/kIRXh
- Rooted Marketing: Preplanning Your Marketing as You Write Your Novel http://ow.ly/kISeQ via @LiveWriteThrive
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.