By Carly Watters @carlywatters
Your manuscript needs serious revisions.
Your manuscript has gone through so many revisions you aren’t sure which end is up.
Your manuscript isn’t accomplishing what you set out to do.
Sound familiar? You’re not alone. Part of being a writer is following a plot or characters not knowing where it will take you. Sometimes it’s fruitful, sometimes you write 10s of thousands of words that end up in the trash can. It’s never a waste of time, but it can feel like a waste of energy.
If you think you have something salvageable (if you’re not sure, read this) you need to strip off the paint to a blank canvas and layering it again.
What to focus on as you repair:
Click here to read the complete post (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Repairing a ‘broken’ manuscript http://ow.ly/l34VO via @carlywatters
- How to Write a Dedication http://ow.ly/l1Rbx
- The Truth About Twitter: Everything You’ve Ever Needed To Know (And Some Things That You Didn’t) http://ow.ly/l1Zwm
- Ebook Spending on the Rise http://ow.ly/l2lCh
- When Should You Send Your Short Story Out For Critique? http://t.co/PyzqDfGUkM @woodwardkaren RT @elizabethscraig
- What If? A Method for Developing Ideas http://ow.ly/l34cz via @elizabethscraig
- Top 10 Overused Fantasy Cliches http://ow.ly/l35vx
- The Psychology of Language: Why Are Some Words More Persuasive Than Others? http://ow.ly/l35Dj
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/l2WSg
- 3 Ways to Make Your POVs Equally Interesting http://ow.ly/l4eRZ
- Top 10 Ways to Lose a Reader http://ow.ly/l4d7C
- Survey Says — eBooks Are Good for the Book Business http://ow.ly/l4cZ2
- Facebook Ads vs Promoted Posts: A Side-by-Side Comparison http://ow.ly/l4cT2 via SocialMouths
- Ebook Best-Sellers Hover Around $7.00 http://ow.ly/l4cIc
- Reading and Writing are Fattening: WHAT A CHARACTER!! http://t.co/PTJ3MtygsC RT @evelyn_puerto:
- Why Is Storytelling Ability So Important? http://t.co/Nne18K1jIm @JamiGold
- This Is The BEST Time To Be A Writer, If You Work For It: http://t.co/yynMxIH2ef @DanBlank RT @elizabethscraig
- How Much Do You Need to Explain on the First Page? | The Other Side of the Story @Janice_Hardy | http://ow.ly/k3D4p
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Post a Comment