Yesterday, I checked the temperature on
The Weather Channel before I went for a run
and I found an Amazon ad for my book.
If you’re like me, then free is your favorite number. The scope of free services available on the internet is mind-boggling (hello Gmail, WordPress, and Wordle, to name a few) and only makes it harder to decide where to market yourself and your books. Since social media marketing is such a big part of online writer-reader interaction, it makes sense to start there.
Swapping between multiple internet tabs, or going the route of logging in and out of several social sites, can be a little frustrating, not to mention time-consuming. I’d rather be writing! I’d even rather—gasp!—be revising my writing than losing precious minutes (hours?) to social surfing. Because of that, I’ve spent time sifting through the deluge of social media managers and found an obvious winner: Hootsuite. Now I’ll tell you this, Hootsuite is great for ALL major social media sites, but I’ll just point out how powerful Hootsuite is for managing Twitter in this particular post.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Hootsuite Makes Twitter Better for Writers http://ow.ly/kgD4r via @TeamMegaphone
- Do You Write from Experience or Imagination? http://ow.ly/kguSl via write_practice
- Real Life Diagnostics: Why Isn't This Beginning Working? http://ow.ly/kguIX via Janice_Hardy
- How to Format Remembered Dialog http://ow.ly/kguUE via @Janice_Hardy
- Use Relationship Marketing to Sell Books http://ow.ly/kgDr8 via @bookmarketer
- The Art of Character: The Five Cornerstones of Dramatic Characterization http://ow.ly/kgv0O via @thecreativepenn
- Email Marketing – A Way To Stand Out in a Crowd http://ow.ly/kgv8p via Indies Unlimited
- Use Relationship Marketing to Sell Books http://ow.ly/kgvcz via @bookmarketer
- Why You Should Steal From Other Authors http://ow.ly/kgvgK via @KMWeiland
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/kgvjW
- What Type of Writer are You? http://t.co/V3B9UEKrxZ RT @elizabethscraig
- 7 Amazon Tools To Help Market Your Book Like A Professional http://ow.ly/kgCqv
- Finding scene goals: http://t.co/FZIQLiuXKs @JordanMcCollum RT @elizabethscraig
- How To Generate An Idea, Addendum: Regrow It From A Seed http://ow.ly/kgCy9 via Cockeyed Caravan
- 3 Elements of Every Successful Business Plan http://ow.ly/kgCEy
- How LinkedIn Groups can Explode your Blog Traffic http://ow.ly/kgCLd via @ProBlogger
Viacom And The Future Of
- Creating Believable Characters http://ow.ly/kgDke via @fcmalby
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.