To celebrate the one-year anniversary of the release of THE RUBY BROOCH, I ran Run the Bluegrass Half-Marathon. I ran this Lexington, KY race last year (my first half marathon) on the same day as the book release. Although the race wasn’t as exciting as last year, it was rewarding. The first time you do something will always hold a special place in your heart and yesterday was the anniversary of two special events.
Agent-Assisted Self-Publishing and the Amazon White Glove ProgramBy Melissa Foster
With independent author success on the rise, the role of agents has taken a precarious turn for the unknown. Many agents are seeing fewer sales and lower advances (which equates to lower income), and are looking for ways to keep their heads above water. One path that some have taken is agent-assisted self-publishing.
What is agent-assisted self-publishing?
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Agent-Assisted Self-Publishing and the Amazon White Glove Program By @Melissa_Foster via @JaneFriedman http://ow.ly/jA5mv
- Being Your Own Muse: http://t.co/u1XuYPr9p7 @DIYMFA RT @elizabethscraig
- How ebook sales impact traditional sales: http://t.co/lD6muG1yfM via @elizabethscraig
- The Logic Behind Self-Publishing by Kristine Kathryn Rusch via @PassiveVoiceBlg http://ow.ly/jA5XS
- Book Marketing: 9 Activities to Boost Your Author Career http://ow.ly/jA6rr @thecreativepenn
- 8 Unconventional Ways to Use Google Alerts for Better Blogging http://t.co/empiboHrxm @AnaTrafficCafe RT @johnkremer
- How To Write A Great Opening For Your Story via @woodwardkaren http://ow.ly/jA7gr
- Reading Poetry Can Improve Your Fiction Writing http://ow.ly/jA7oz via Write of Passage
- Goodreads CEO Reveals A Remarkably Easy Way To Sell More Books http://ow.ly/jA8Oh @JonathanGunson
- Imperfect Dialogue: Making Characters Sound Real http://ow.ly/jAadX via @FictionNotes
- When to Use “That,” “Which,” and “Who” http://ow.ly/jAapu via Daily Writing Tips
- 18 Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/jAw5f
- Oh, the Irony: Working With Dramatic Irony http://t.co/ha1LhNWxhR @janice_hardy
- 11 Ways to Solve Your Writing Procrastination Problem: http://t.co/hsw845Z0uh via @elizabethscraig
- Nourishing Fiction http://ow.ly/jB4MR via Writer Unboxed
- Turow on Amazon/Goodreads: This is how modern monopolies can be built http://ow.ly/jB4QK via The Authors Guild
- Facebook Threaded Comments: This Week in Social Media http://ow.ly/jB4Yn via Social Media Examiner @smexaminer
- Capturing the Heart and Feel of a Small Town http://ow.ly/jB564 via The Writers Alley
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by. T
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Post a Comment