By Jane Friedman @JaneFriedman
Platform is one of the most difficult concepts to explain, partly because everyone defines it a little differently.
But one thing that I know for sure: Editors and agents are attracted to authors who have this thing called “platform.”
What editors and agents typically mean by platform
They’re looking for someone with visibility and authority who has proven reach to a target audience.
Let’s break this down further.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- A Definition of Author Platform http://ow.ly/jzkmY via @JaneFriedman
- How Many Users Should You Follow On Twitter? http://ow.ly/jyETE
- How to Plan for Promoting Your Book http://ow.ly/jyIqM via Wordsmith Studio
- One key to handling exposition: http://t.co/KNYM8wxuFP @GoIntoTheStory RT @elizabethscraig
- 7 Ways To Improve Your Outlines: http://t.co/6BbbplHAY4 @goodinaroom RT @elizabethscraig
- Think You Oughta Be in Pictures? http://ow.ly/jyKss via @RachelleGardner
- 2 Dialogue Tips from Studying SitComs: Just Spit it Out http://ow.ly/jyJVT via Fiction Notes
- How do you REALLY build a blog community? A love story http://ow.ly/jyKfQ
- Janice Hardy Teaches Writers How To Be Their Own Book Doctor http://ow.ly/jyK0C @woodwardkaren
- Are Ebook Sales Declining? http://ow.ly/jyKxJ via @JohnKremer
- Luvocracy: Pinterest for People Who Actually Want to Buy Stuff http://ow.ly/jyKAt
- Eight tips for aspiring authors http://ow.ly/jyKZc via @TahliaNewland
- 18 Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/jzbq4
- 25 Things I Want To Say To So-Called “Aspiring” Writers http://ow.ly/jzjah via @ChuckWendig
- 3 Things to Do When You Have to Start Writing (That Aren't "Start Writing"): http://t.co/tziHiYeKJz @GeoffreyCubbage RT @elizabethscraig
- Writing for trends: http://t.co/r9GPwP9ofB @TaliaVance @elizabethscraig:
- Six Steps for Getting National Media Coverage Guest post by L. Drew Gerber via @JohnKremer http://ow.ly/jzkWH
- The First Lines From author J.M. Ney-Grim http://ow.ly/jzkfR via @PassiveVoiceBlg
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.