If you’re a totally new, unpublished writer who is focused on fiction, memoir, poetry, or any type of narrative-driven work, forget you ever heard the word platform. I think it’s causing more damage than good. It’s causing writers to do things that they dislike (even hate), and that are unnatural for them at an early stage of their careers. They’re confused, for good reason, and platform building grows into a raging distraction from the work at hand—the writing.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 5 Industry Trends Requiring Every Writer’s Attention http://ow.ly/jaEkU via @JaneFriedman
- 7 Things joining KDP Select Can and Can’t do for you http://ow.ly/jbznA
- Be Your Own Book Doctor http://ow.ly/jbG3Q via @janice_hardy
- Is KDP Select Salvation or Damnation for Indie Authors? http://ow.ly/jbQhT
- 5 Quick Tips to Writing More: http://t.co/IxKDjWCWa8 @kathysteffen RT @elizabethscraig
- 3 Critical Things that Make Your Guest Posts Rock http://t.co/TpvvCHkOrR RT @evelyn_puerto:
- 6 Facebook Metrics Marketers Should Be Measuring http://ow.ly/jcM9I
- Social Media 2013: User Demographics For Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram [INFOGRAPHIC] http://ow.ly/jcMpj
- One Word Can Mar Your Meaning http://ow.ly/jcR1q via Daily Writing Tips
- How to Finish What You Start: A Five-Step Plan for Writers http://ow.ly/jcRe5
- Branding 101: How to Promote Your Blog Like the Big Guys Do http://ow.ly/jcRNm
- 18 Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/jd8DQ
- Critical Thinking by Heather Day Gilbert http://ow.ly/jdaYN via Seriously Write
- One Simple Trick That Makes Editing Less Painful http://ow.ly/jdbqM via @JodyHedlund
- 5 Ways Authors Can Promote Their Books http://ow.ly/jdbGM via Southern Writing Magazine
- Thins I Wish I Knew When I First Started Self-Publshing: Indie Authors Share Their Insights http://ow.ly/jdcaJ
- Allowing Your Characters to Have a “Wicked Sense” of Humor http://ow.ly/jdcwr via @MarcyKennedy
- Social Media Success Formula http://ow.ly/jdcQc
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.