|Horizon RC-30 Exercise Bike at h.h. gregg|
While recovering from runner’s knees, I’ve been riding a recumbent exercise bike instead of running. With the bike, there's no need to buy a helmet, glasses, padded bike pants, etc, plus it's great cardio without aggravating my injuries. Along the way, I’ve had more time to read. A Kindle fits perfectly on the little shelf. For me, twelve miles on the bike is equal in time and effort to a 5-mile run, and it makes my knees happy. When it gets warmer, I might have to try a brick workout.
In the last ten days, I’ve read Elizabeth Lowell’s BEAUTIFUL SACRIFICE, Sandra Browns’ LOW PRESSURE, and I’m currently reading Kathleen Brooks’ BLUEGRASS STATE OF MIND.
With this cold spell (currently 11°F | °C), I’m not in a hurry to go outside and run, which means I might just make some headway in reducing the number of books in my TBR stack. So what’s up next: Eryn LaPlant's BENEATH THE WALL, Patrick Dawson’s LESSONS IN THE JOURNEY, D.A. Graystone’s THE SCHIEMANN LEGACY, Nora Roberts’ GABRIEL’S ANGEL, and Marya Stones’ GRETA AGAIN. That will get me to the first of February when I’ll have to go outside and start running hills. Run the Bluegrass Half-Marathon is only 9 weeks away.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- What Authors Need to Know About Virtual Book Tours http://t.co/2yMZa7EU RT @JFbookman RT @bookgal
- 13 Ways to Impress an Agent http://t.co/OhWOcsiN RT @RachelleGardner RT @Bookgal
- Are You Being Found on LinkedIn for Your Ideal Search Terms? http://ow.ly/gZQhL
- 6 Common Query Letter Problems http://ow.ly/gZAkC via @Janice_Hardy RT @wendy_tokunaga
- How Do You Teach Writer's Instinct? by @Janice_Hardy http://t.co/XpCPCyhR RT @ajbradley74
- The Starburst Method: Summarizing Your Story In One Sentence http://ow.ly/h1rqb via @WoodwardKaren Very helpful!
- 5 Tips to Create a Page-Turning Plot http://ow.ly/h1goM @jefishman via @Elizabethscraig
- 5 Podcasts for Writers: http://t.co/bxVHZLGe @jeanoram RT @elizabethscraig Check these out!
- How to Get More Blog Subscribers! http://ow.ly/h1gYo @WhereWritersWin
- The Real Reason You’re Getting Rejections http://ow.ly/h1hMk @RachelleGardner
- Initialisms and Acronyms http://ow.ly/h1tB5 \ via @Daily Writing Tips.
- 5 Twitter Tips -- Setting Up for Success http://ow.ly/h1uiw via @SocialMedia2Day
- Typos. They Happen. http://ow.ly/h1ylO via @write_practice
- 19 Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts You Might Find Helpful http://ow.ly/h1EwH
- How to Create Great Author Taglines http://ow.ly/h1HjD via @jeanoram Very interesting!
- Listservs and Forums for Book Marketing http://ow.ly/h23fy via @FictionNotes
- The New World of Publishing: Counting Numbers http://ow.ly/h28jv via Dean Wesley Smith
- My Universal 2-Step Plan to Succeed on any Social Network http://ow.ly/h28FO via @keywordstrategy
- What Should We Look for in a Beta Reader? http://ow.ly/h2ynE @jamigold Excellent post!
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Post a Comment