Today is the long awaited release day for HOW HARD CAN IT BE by my friend Robyn Peterman (@RobynPeterman). If you’re in the mood to laugh hysterically, get this book.
What happens when an accountant decides to grab life by the horns and try something new? Apparently a pirate named Dave, a lot of pastel fleece, and blackmail—just to start with...
Visualize and succeed, Oprah said. I was sure as hell trying, even if my campaign to score a job as the local weather girl had ended in a restraining order. Okay, TV was not my strength. But a lack of talent has never stopped me before. Which is why I’ve embarked on a writing career. I mean, how hard can it be to come up with a sexy romance?
Leave it to me to wind up in a group of porno writing grannies who discuss sex toys and apple cobbler in the same breath. Also leave it to me to leak an outlandish plot idea to a bestselling author with the morals of a rabid squirrel. And only I could get arrested for a jewelry heist I didn’t commit—by a hunky cop whose handcuffs just might tempt me to sign up for a life of crime.
Maybe I’ve found my calling after all...
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Four Reasons To Not Put All Your Social Media Eggs In One Basket http://ow.ly/gQAPB "Social media is an art, not a science"
- Resolve to Tweet Better in 2013 http://ow.ly/gR5GA via @writerunboxed
- Inspired Openings: Kristin O'Donnell Tubb http://t.co/FWCEVGWX @4YALit RT @janice_hardy Hint at the plot & provide a dose of voice
- 7 Social Media Trends for Consumers: New Research http://ow.ly/gR5Z6
- Writing & Yoga Retreats: What are They? How do They Benefit Writers? http://ow.ly/gR6bg Ease the body, ease the tensions of the mind
- Fight your censor: http://t.co/7zQ1MGRm @writejenwrite @elizabethscraig "..listen to the story in you, armor yourself against your censor.."
- The Number One Mistake New Writers Make http://ow.ly/gR6Kd @annerallen "Learning to craft book-length narrative is a long intense process"
- Too Many Rules, Too Little Romance http://ow.ly/gR7eq @passivevoiceblg "..form and formula are important to generic integrity.."
- 19 Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts You Might Find Helpful & Comments from Author @KevinBerryxxx http://ow.ly/gRatc
- What Is a Sentence? http://ow.ly/gRlpA Daily Writing Tips
- 3 Great Ways To Find Readers For Your Books On Twitter http://ow.ly/gRsWF @JonathanGunson
- How to Start a Novel Right: 5 Great Tips http://ow.ly/gSeZn
- The 10 Types Of Twitterers [CHART http://ow.ly/gSllH "Where do you fall in? Which is your Twitter personality type?"
- The (Dreaded) Backstory http://t.co/9lL7EqxL @ElanaJ RT @janice_hardy
- Agent and Editor Insights Part 2: Why Manuscripts Are Rejected http://ow.ly/gSvZE
- Independent Authors Last Longer than BestSellers http://ow.ly/gSw7k
- Confessions of a Book Blogger - Author Marketing Experts, Inc. | Author Marketing Experts, Inc. http://t.co/CWoBl6u5 RT @Bookgal
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy