Yesterday, I attended the monthly meeting of Kentucky Independent Writers. The group has over 30 members from all around Kentucky. Two members had book launches this week:
USA Today Bestselling Author Kathleen Brooks released the third full-length novel in the Bluegrass Brothers series ACQUIRING TROUBLE and Robyn Peterman released HOW HARD CAN IT BE.
KIW is a positive environment where we discuss all publishing matters, including the business side of being an indie author.
Currently, about half of the members are indie and the other half are both traditionally and independently published. While most members are romance writers, all genres are welcome.
Also, nine members of the group (Hayden Braeburn, Hallee Bridgeman, Jesse V. Coffey, Amy Blakeman Durham, Katherine Lowry Logan, J. M. Madden, Kallypso Masters, Teresa Reasor, and Diane I. Strong) put together the KIW SAMPLER (Volume 1). The ebook is available FREE at Amazon.
If you’re a writer and don’t have a support group, find one. If you live in Kentucky, check out our organization.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 17 Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts You Might Find Helpful http://ow.ly/gX7US
- 20 Names of Body Parts and Elements and Their Figurative Meanings http://ow.ly/gX7Wl via Daily Writing Tips
- Do You Follow Yourself Around The Web? http://t.co/MYnrobbt @NovelRocket RT @elizabethscraig
- The Publishing Quest: Hurry Up and Wait http://t.co/fX6dg7Yc @wendylawton RT @janice_hardy
- How to Add Your YouTube Videos to Pinterest http://ow.ly/gX85B via @problogger
- The Universality Is in the Details: http://t.co/GfzDEVn4 @LiveWriteThrive RT @elizabethscraig
- Five Weak Words that Make Your Writing Less Effective http://ow.ly/gXzid @jeffgoins
- The 10 Wordiest Expressions You Should Strike From Your Writing…Now! http://ow.ly/gXzp8
- Are You a Stickler for Good Grammar? http://ow.ly/gXzsz
- Do word counts matter to you? http://ow.ly/gXzxb
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram – How Big Is Social Media Around The World? [INFOGRAPHIC] http://ow.ly/gXzAY
- Plot vs Story http://ow.ly/gXzCR "Plot takes the characters on a ride. Story makes readers feel they're on that ride!" Interesting.!
- How to Publish Your eBook from Word to Kindle in under Ten Minutes http://ow.ly/gXzHY via @jfbookman
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy