This is part three of the Helen trilogy that started with "Fever Dream" (2010) and last year’s "Cold Vengeance", however, you can pick this up and not feel lost.
The protagonist is FBI Special Agent Aloysius Pendergast. He’s a most unusual hero. This is the twelfth Preston & Child Pendergast novel and so far they are on track for another hit. After reading "Cemetery Dance" (2009) I became a fan and immediately read the eight previous Pendergast novels.
"Pendergast—an always-black-clad pale blond polymath, gaunt yet physically deadly, an FBI agent operating without supervision or reprimand—lurks at the dark, sharp edge of crime fiction protagonists." (Kirkus Reviews )
"Two Graves provides readers exactly what they would expect from a Preston and Child novel—thrills, high adventure, treacherous plot twists and well-researched scientific intrigue. The story is never predictable, and Pendergast is a multi-layered personality who keeps you guessing throughout." (Bookreporter.com)
If you enjoy the thriller genre with stellar writing you won’t be disappointed. Preston & Child inch you up the incline clink, clink, clink while your stomach grows tighter then wham! The twists and turns come at a furious pace. Be sure to buckle your restraint because you're in for a mega coaster ride.
~*~essIf you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Writing & Marketing Tweets from December 28 http://ow.ly/gqdpM
- A Tip for Creating Suspense: http://t.co/etY2amnG @OllinMorales RT @elizabethscraig
- Endings and Beginnings--Finding the Reader-Satisfying "Loops" in Your Story http://ow.ly/gpH9z @elizabethscraig
- Infographic – 86 Percent of Users May Leave a Website When Asked to Create an Account http://ow.ly/gpHlU
- Want More Time to Write? Go Indie http://ow.ly/gpHQc via @Lindsayburoker
- A New (Free) Way to Sell Books from your Sidebar: http://t.co/eEajZjTj @JFbookman RT @elizabethscraig
- The Secret Writing Rule Book . . . and Why to Ignore It http://ow.ly/gpL4g via @annerallen
- The Single Best Way to Market Your Books, Writing Business, and Anything Else http://ow.ly/gpLe1
- How Long Should You Keep Trying to Get Published? http://ow.ly/gqdnY by @janefriedman
- Making Tension Tense: http://t.co/nZxN1u8c @VictoriaMixon RT @elizabethscraig
- Twitter New Year’s Resolution: Perfect Your Bio http://ow.ly/gqewW It's a prime location for branding and visibility on Twitter
- Get Personalized Snowfall Predictions On Twitter http://ow.ly/gqeGv
- Social Marketing and Why Traditional Measurement Doesn’t Work http://ow.ly/gqeMe
- Apple iBookstore Sales Surge Over Christmas Holiday http://ow.ly/gqlMY Santa was generous to Smashwords authors at the Apple iBookstore
- Character Development - Getting Real: http://t.co/D0xBQcdU @AimeeLSalter RT @elizabethscraig Good concepts to chew on.
- Quick! Pick Up These Helpful iPhone Apps Still On Sale http://ow.ly/gquN5 Take advantage of sales that will boost your toolset
- Top 10 Worst Self-Publishing Mistakes—Explained by @jfbookman http://ow.ly/gqvcO Good information!
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy