|Going to the movie in my |
Christmas Mother-Daughter outfit
Seeing a movie is a Christmas Day tradition in my family. I thought we might skip this year but at the last minute we rushed off to see LINCOLN. Wow! Daniel Day Lewis was LINCOLN. His Oscar-worthy performance was spell-bounding. If you haven’t seen it, go now! I read recently that Lewis demanded the cast, crew and even Spielberg to refer to him as Mr. President. He didn’t break character for three months.
Part of the story line involves the Hampton-Rhodes Peace Conference. Never before have I watched a movie and been so motivated to write. The second book of the Celtic Brooch Trilogy (Braham’s story) takes place during the same period of time as the movie and involves conference participants. I can’t wait to start storyboarding the story. Today though, I have another book to finish.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Writing & Marketing Tweets from December 24 http://ow.ly/glv5t
- 7 steps to cutting a story that's too long http://ow.ly/glvhB
- Writing lessons learned from "Along for the Ride": http://t.co/5Z2jWzB5 @juliemusil RT @elizabethscraig Great suggestions
- LinkedIn – Facts and Figures http://t.co/oBxAdz81 via@dreamgrow [Amazing stats!] RT @MariSmith RT @bookgal
- Why Marketers Shouldn't Discount Tumblr http://ow.ly/glvsg Check out this blossoming social network with a versatile interface.
- Making Progress http://ow.ly/glvvK "Expert action steps to make real progress on your goals and resolutions– any time of the year"!
- 'Tis The Season of Creative Tension http://ow.ly/glvA6 "Create! Reach for your vision. Change reality. Realize your Goal!"
- When Does Fan Fiction Cross an Ethical Line? http://ow.ly/glvCT via @JamiGold
- 'Tis The Season of Creative Tension http://ow.ly/gma0N "Create! Reach for your vision. Change reality. Realize your Goal!"
- Top 6 Ways to Have fun on Twitter this Christmas http://ow.ly/gma4b
- 10 Quick Tips to Get Your Writing Back on Track! http://ow.ly/gma5C @HowToWriteShop RT @elizabethscraig @Bookgal:
- How Social Media is Changing the Publishing Industry http://ow.ly/gma7Q RT @Bookgal
- Make Readers Pay Attention http://ow.ly/gma9C "...passive construction is useful to push words to the end of the sentence for emphasis."
- 3 Twitter Tools to Enhance Your Marketing http://ow.ly/gmabo @smexaminer via RT @Bookgal
- 20 Twitter Stats From 2012 http://ow.ly/gmad4 ". . . it’s especially critical for companies on Twitter to monitor mentions."
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Post a Comment