Marketing is a crucial part of book publishing. If no one knows your book is out there, how can you expect people to read it?
With that in mind, here’s a compilation of tips and tools that can help you with your book promotion efforts.
Book Promotional Tools
BookPromotion.com stresses four components of a book marketing plan: promotional tools, groups, street teams, and blog tours. Tools include free and paid options, such as AuthorMarketingTools.com and BookBlow.com, you can find groups on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google, street teams are comprised of your raving fans, and blog tours are lots of work but worth it.
BookBub also shares some helpful promotional tools, such as Canva, to create ads and social media images, Pay with a Tweet, to encourage word-of-mouth marketing, and HARO, for interview opportunities.
BookMachine also shared insights on a survey that found the best book promotional surveys. Best services included BookBub, KindeBookPromotions, Ereadersnewstoday, Kindlenationdaiily.com, and Bargainbooksy.com.
Kate Tilton also shares a list of sites to promote free books.
If self-promotion sounds icky to you, then Publisher Weekly‘s list of ways to promote yourself should help. Ideas include weekly Twitter chats, meetup groups, and contacting your alma mater.
And if you’re feeling blocked, The Book Designer shares some tips for how to overcome it.
Social Media Marketing
. . .
To read the rest of the post, click here:
If you missed my latest writing and marketing tweets, here they are again:
- 8 steps to finding a writing routine that works for you http://ow.ly/PrOd301ULQV
- Two Different Approaches to Successful Pre-Orders http://ow.ly/5sEX301ULSu
- The Write Editing: Writing Cinematically http://ow.ly/7n4T301ULTP
- How Writers Can Develop Emotional Connections between Reader and Hero | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/jUCl301ULVJ
- Hate the Editing Stage of Writing? Check Out These Helpful Tools | Kristen Lamb's Blog http://ow.ly/8Ut8301ULXN
- How to Finish Your Book in Three Drafts | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/GHCG301ULZD
- Writing the First Chapter of a Novel Tips and Fixes http://ow.ly/qrFT301UM1L
- 15 Ways To Defeat Writer's Block, As Told By Published Authors http://ow.ly/mekU301UM2W
- Lone Wolves and Authors on a Budget | Writers In The Storm http://ow.ly/gVDF301UM50
- The Seven Stages of Love, According to French Poetry | Literary Hub http://ow.ly/uaR7301UM5R
- Mingling at the Twitter Cocktail | Writers' Rumpus http://ow.ly/FAYJ301UM7y
- Why Does Anyone Write? | Literary Hub http://ow.ly/QVBU301UM9e
- Bashers & Swoopers — Inside Milanote — Medium http://ow.ly/ZivH301UMfM "How the tools we use for writing are letting us down."
- 5 Times Katniss Nailed Deep Point of View | Better Novel Project http://ow.ly/HSST301UMiM
- How to Repurpose Your Facebook Live Videos: Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/iojT301UMlu
- What is the Kindle “Delivery Cost” and How Does it Affect Me? – Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/zafh301UMo5
- Book Marketing Tips from Industry Experts - Social Media Just for Writers http://ow.ly/fM9X301UMqi
- Blab for Indie Authors | Self-Publishing Author Advice from The Alliance of Independent Authors http://ow.ly/Fki6301UMsN
- What Should You Put in Your Email Newsletter? | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/tG54301UMv8
- Indie Authors: Book Promotion Tools and Tips http://ow.ly/ZwXo301UMxv