By: Angela Booth
You’re writing a book, and of course you want to finish it. Here’s what ensures that you’ll do that: write every day.
In The Wait of the World’s on Dan Brown – WSJ.com bestselling author Dan Brown is quoted on his working habits:
“… ‘For me, writing is a discipline, much like playing a musical instrument; it requires constant practice and honing of skills. For this reason, I write seven days a week. So, my routine begins at around 4:00 AM every morning, when there are no distractions.'”
Writing your book every day: tips to help
1. Schedule time to write, even if it’s only five minutes
If you can turn daily writing into a habit, you’ll not only have more fun with your writing, but you’ll also complete your book.
Avoid making heavy demands on yourself while you’re developing your writing habit. Schedule five minutes. Anyone can spend five minutes a day writing. Inevitably, sooner or later, your five minutes will become ten, then 20.
2. Change your writing tools, and/ or your location if you’re feeling stuck
. . .
To read the rest of the post, click here:
If you missed my latest writing and marketing tweets, here they are again:
- 10 Trends in Publishing Every Indie Author Needs to Know - Written Word Media http://ow.ly/XylTN
- Creating a Community with Your Readers: Inspiration from the Pulpwood Queens - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/XynGB
- 5 Ways to Avoid Getting Your Book Suspended on Amazon - Written Word Media http://ow.ly/XyT8p
- The “Secret” to Success Can’t Be Bought | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/Xz6Qc
- 7 Top Ebook Price Promotion Stats You Need to Know http://ow.ly/Xz6UD
- The Top 3 Reasons Why Blogging Regularly Is So Incredibly Difficult | Beth Hayden http://ow.ly/Xz6Yn
- Review: The Art of Comic Book Writing: FICTION NOTES http://ow.ly/Xz7a0
- What Words to Avoid in Your Writing | A Writer's Path http://ow.ly/XzndX
- Stop Making Excuses And Write A Book | BookBaby Blog http://ow.ly/XznXB
- Five Marketing Models for Self-Publishing Success http://ow.ly/XAv4W
- What You Can Learn From Dan Brown About Writing Your Book - Just Write A Book Blog http://ow.ly/XAvOT
- 5 Ways Procrastinators Can Become Writers http://ow.ly/XAwj5
- 3 Things Every Content Marketing Newbie Must Know - http://ow.ly/XAwph
- 6 Sneaky Tips to Boost Your Facebook Reach - Jenn's TrendsJenn's Trends http://ow.ly/XAwsr
- 10 Tips to Increase Your Facebook Organic Reach - Jenn's TrendsJenn's Trends http://ow.ly/XAwNS
- [WEBINAR RECORDING] 16 Social Media Tips for 2016 | Katie Lance http://ow.ly/XAwYj