By: Molly Greene
A reader recently asked for ideas that would help increase blog traffic. Growing traffic is one thing, of course; convincing visitors
to stay, and to subscribe
and/or return, is closely aligned with every blog-building effort. You need
both! Here are a few ideas.
1. Beef up your Twitter followers
I’ve often said that Twitter is one of the best social media platforms for growing a blog. But if you want to leverage the power of Twitter, you’ll need lots and lots of followers. The more followers, the wider your net will be cast, and 20,000 is better than 2,000. That takes time. If you’re weary of the time commitment, try using the free (or paid) version of ManageFlitter. I hear this is the vendor people prefer and get results from.
ALSO, be sure you’re tweeting links to your own blog posts every few hours or so, M-F, between 6 am and 6 pm. Try 6, 9, 12, 3, 6 o’clock. Tweet other peoples’ content as well, be sure to retweet others, and develop a Twitter support group of fans and friends who share your links. Review Using Twitter Lists To Grow Your Blog to simplify the process.
2. Be consistent about interacting live
. . .
To read the rest of the post, click here:
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How to Give a Presentation People Will Remember - AlleyWatch http://ow.ly/VNThP
- Scheduling Our Upcoming Year - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/VNTsr
- 8 Writing Steps I am Taking To Get Out Of My Own Way #amwriting #writers | Blondewritemore http://ow.ly/VNTvo
the Feelings http://ow.ly/VNTIH "
...evoke fresh feelings to pass along to my readers, enhancing the depth of my story."
to Leverage Keywords on Pinterest as an Author
:: Bibliocrunch http://ow.ly/VNU3V
- How I Wrote and RE-WROTE Cover Copy for My Novel | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/VNUxA
- How To Write A Non-Fiction Book: A Step By Step Guide | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/VNVyq
- 6 Ideas for Getting Your Book More International Exposure http://ow.ly/VNVLw
- Fiction University: 10 Traits of a Great Protagonist http://ow.ly/VNVOY
- Voice of experience: 5 things that established authors would tell new writers | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/VNVUN
- Increase Blog Traffic & Subscribers: 8 Tips! | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/VNVXK
- How to Increase Sales at Apple iBooks | Lindsay Buroker http://ow.ly/VNW4b
- How to Use Facebook to Promote Your Quizzes http://ow.ly/VNW9p
- A Recipe for Success: Tips for Self-Publishing Your Cookbook http://ow.ly/VNWdx