BY: Neil Patel
Everywhere you go, you see reviews.
Whether it’s a physical or digital product, if it’s worth talking about (in good or bad ways), it has
Some of this feedback is simply
on blogs and forums.
But mostly, reviews exist on large e-commerce sites where companies sell their products.
The most important thing about reviews is that people care about them.
About 30% of Internet users check out
reviews on Amazon
before buying a product. And that’s just Amazon.
head to Google.
Before, people would ask their friends about products. But now, they rely on online reviews.
reviews to inform them about
their decisions, and reviews play a huge role in people’s purchasing
Although there’s no way to definitively say that
reviews are good for business, just about every study or
anecdotal case suggests that they are.
Capterra analyzed the effect of adding reviews for
software products and found that conversion rates increased significantly
as more reviews were added.
Furthermore, a more general analysis found that conversion rate could more than double if you had a large enough number of reviews.
Although there is a mini-plateau after 20 reviews, conversion rate begins to increase again soon after.
You don’t have to be a big e-commerce site to add reviews to your personal website store.
These are massive increases in conversion rates that can result in tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
Potential buyers trust reviews for a few reasons:
- They represent a real use situation
- They are less likely to be biased (than a sales page)
- They give visitors confidence to buy, proving there won’t be any issues with the purchase
Getting reviews is hard:
. . .
To read the rest of the post, click here
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 10 Tips to Write an Essay and Actually Enjoy It http://ow.ly/Txsgp
- A Way You Can Help Your Agent - Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/Txsja
ofBlogging: A Challenge http://ow.ly/TxslH
- Write Better: How An Editor or Writing Coach Can Help You http://ow.ly/Txsnj
- Best Time for Cover Design | Self-Publishing Author Advice from The Alliance of Independent Authors http://ow.ly/TxsoS
- Help! My Amazon Reviews have Disappeared! Now what? http://ow.ly/Txt17
- Why Authors Should Use Video to Promote Their Books - Marketing Tips For Authors http://ow.ly/Txt4J
- Ernie Zelinski: Creative Book Marketing Strategies | Book Marketing Bestsellers http://ow.ly/Txt7i
- How Authors Can Find Their Ideal Reading Audience | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/Txt7P
Images for Your
e-Bookby David Kudler http://ow.ly/Txt8t
- Want to Create and Sell Profitable Digital Products and Services? - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/Txt9g
to Sell More Books Without Spending a Dime | Penny C.
- 5 Techniques to Get 5 Stars: How to Get More (and Better) Online Reviews http://ow.ly/Txtbq
- What's in Our Amazon Optimization Membership http://ow.ly/TxtIr
Make This Mistake and Readers Will Hate
YourProtagonist - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/TxtJU The DumbestMistakes New Authors Make http://ow.ly/TxtRe
- Talking Heads Avoidance Device | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/Txu34
- Fiction University: How to Find and Select a Cover Designer http://ow.ly/TxubG
- Formatting for eBooks: Tips and Pitfalls — Guest: Angela Quarles | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/TxufY