By: Anne Greenawalt
You could have the most interesting story in the world, but if you can’t write it well, you won’t attract an audience.
One of the key concepts for writing well is writing concisely. Concise writing is highly valued among business and technical writers, academics, and, yes, even creative writers.
That’s not to say that you shouldn’t supply details and descriptions that extend past the bare-bones skeleton of your writing, because those are important and necessary, too. But you can – and should – write concisely even when writing creatively.
Three Tips for Writing Concisely
1. Avoid “to be” verbs.
To read the rest of the post, click here:
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Migrants vs. Refugees http://ow.ly/Sqbtv
- Emotional Wound Thesaurus: A Sibling's Betrayal - WRITERS HELPING WRITERS™WRITERS HELPING WRITERS™ http://ow.ly/SqqUf
- The Second Draft http://ow.ly/SqsV2 #writetip
- Janet Reid, Literary Agent: Query question: legality of pseudonyms http://ow.ly/SqsZ4
- Find an Extra Hour Every Day With a 5-Minute List | All Indie Writers http://ow.ly/Sqt1B
- The 5 Absolute Dimensions of Character Personality - Writingeekery http://ow.ly/Sqt2y
- Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Blog by @TheWritersAsst | She Owns It http://ow.ly/Sqt68
- How to Plot a Romance Novel| Now Novel http://ow.ly/Sqt93
- 5 Hacks to Create a Good Writing Habit http://ow.ly/SqtbD
- WOW! Women On Writing Blog: Three Tips for Writing More Concisely http://ow.ly/SqtcF
- 3 Steps for Creating Realistic Fantasy Races and Creatures - Ink and Quills http://ow.ly/Sqtko
- The Do's and Don'ts of Character Bios - Ink and Quills http://ow.ly/SqtnI
- 11 Problems All Writers Face | Cheryl Muir http://ow.ly/Sqtqv
- Writers On The Move: 10 Bad Writing Habits to Break http://ow.ly/Sqtsz