By: Janice Kersh
If you’ve taken a hiatus from writing for whatever reason and are feeling some anxiety about getting back into the game, don’t worry. It’s a perfectly natural feeling, but one you can overcome.
You know the saying “A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.” The same is true with writing. Your finished book starts with the first blank page you stare down, the first word you have the courage to write. By taking it one day at a time, you’ll be back on your writer’s journey before you can say “writer’s block.”
If you stopped writing because it got too hard and you gave up, don’t beat yourself up too much. You just didn’t succeed at something the first time and now you’re trying again. It takes courage and you should be proud for showing up again.
Negativity, frustration, fear, and anger are all counterproductive emotions. So if you feel these emotions creeping up when you sit down to write, stop, take a deep breath, and be nice to yourself.
Think about the things you love about writing. Remember that feeling you get when you’ve written something you like. Congratulate yourself for showing up and getting to work on something that matters to you.
Look to the Greats
. . .
To read the rest of the post, click here:
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
Mistakes A New Author Makes |
- How to Choose Amazon Keywords | Self-Publishing Author Advice from The Alliance of Independent Authors http://ow.ly/SkIbA
- Which are the Best Email Service Providers for Writers? http://ow.ly/SkIjt
- How to Get in Writing Shape after a Long Break | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/SkIFa
Indie Authors Worry About Piracy? -
- Fiction University: Creating an Author Business Plan: Professional Development http://ow.ly/SkLij
- How should you credit your editor? Advice from a former publisher | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/SkLG7
- Three Ways To Promote Your Collection Or Book Without Leaving The House - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/SkMTG
- Reviews Matter: Why & How To Get Them | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/SkNOq
- 10 Powerful Tips to Increase Fan Engagement on Facebook http://ow.ly/SkOg8
Behavior - The Staggering Scale of What Happens Online in a Minute
:MarketingProfs Article http://ow.ly/SkP0L
- How Children's Authors Can Profit from School Visits - The Savvy Book Marketer http://ow.ly/SkPG3