By: Diana Urban
Savvy authors and publishers know that publishing a series can effectively generate repeat purchases because readers become invested in the world and its characters, and become eager to see more of them.
They also know discounting books in a series is a powerful marketing strategy for attracting new readers. 94 percent of BookBub authors who dropped the price of a book in a series sold more of other books in the series during their promotion.
Which book should you discount?
Many authors and publishers use BookBub to advertise their series price promotions, but one question we hear regularly is: which book in my series should I discount?
On average, our partners have seen a five times higher increase in sales of the other books in a series when the first book is discounted vs.
any other book in the series.
. . .
How much should you discount this book?
When you discount the first book in your series, the price point you choose will impact
volume of sales of this book and others in your series. Downloads of
free books featured by BookBub are 10x higher than downloads
for $0.99 books.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Author, Jody Hedlund: 5 Ways Writers Get Lazy http://ow.ly/OGlcG
- 10 Fleshy Words http://ow.ly/OGlgZ Daily Writing Tips #writetip
- Writers On The Move: Essentials for Managing a Writing Career http://ow.ly/OGlpA
- Choose the Right Wordpress Theme for You: 10 Questions http://ow.ly/OGlD6
- 4 Revision Goals: Conflict, Emotion, Surprise, Enrich — Fiction Notes http://ow.ly/OGlVS
vs. Amazon: Does a "Buy"
Button Makethe Social-Media Site a Rival to the Retailer? http://ow.ly/OGsmC
- Nichole Severn http://ow.ly/OGtuF Mistakes
’ve Seenas an Editor
- Which Book In Your Series Should You Discount? http://bit.ly/1NfZyF7 by @DianaUrban at @BookBubPartners #pubtip
- 5 Reasons Smart Authors Love Instagram - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/OGAxP
- Dialogue Tags, Part II - Write Divas http://ow.ly/OGGCF
- 3 Reasons Why Your Writing Never Works Out The Way You Planned / R.S. Mollison-Read http://ow.ly/OGJlc
- How To Write A Killer Hook | Crime Fiction Writer Sue Coletta http://ow.ly/OGJww
- Anatomy of a Best-Selling Story 3—Opposition | Kristen Lamb's Blog http://ow.ly/OGJCD
- Article 5: Good Agents Audit Royalty Statements - Nelson Literary Agency http://ow.ly/OGLa6
- 4 Tips for Developing Your Voice | Lewis Editorial http://ow.ly/OGLeo
- Disembodied Dialogue - Bear and Black Dog Editing, LLC | Bear and Black Dog Editing, LLC http://ow.ly/OGLlJ
- Tighten Your Scenes | Pat Verducci http://ow.ly/OGLvE