By: Kimberley Grabas
Defining your target audience is much easier said than done.
Many writers end up skipping this step because they fail to recognize its importance in their book marketing plans.
But the truth is, identifying and understanding the wants, needs and desires of your ideal readership can “make or break” your marketing strategy.
Without a solid grasp of what makes your readers tick – and what they are really searching for – you will waste a considerable amount of time and energy promoting your work to an indifferent market.
Or worse, you’ll begin to receive
pushback or negative reviews from people that
your book was never written for.
But here’s the good news…
There is a wealth of information at your fingertips, about every audience and sub-genre imaginable.
From basic demographics like age, gender, location, income, occupation or ethnicity, to audience
psychographics, like personality, attitudes, values,
interests, hobbies, lifestyle and even behaviour.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
Fun CreativeWriting Exercise Will Change Your Life http://ow.ly/NmdmM
- Building Your Email List: Part 1: The Basics « FundsforWriters http://ow.ly/Nmdw9
Cheatsheetto Plot and Structure http://ow.ly/NmdCD
- Identifying Your Target Audience: The Top 8 Mistakes Writers Make | Your Writer Platform http://ow.ly/NmdEQ
- Do Authors Really Need a Facebook Page? - Social Media Just for Writers http://ow.ly/Nmer7
- Connect with Your Readers - How Authors Can Use Instagram http://ow.ly/NmeBl
- New Promoted Pin options to help you reach your goals | Pinterest for Business http://ow.ly/NmeEj
- How to Get Reviews Before Book Launch? | Savvy Book Writers http://ow.ly/NmeGA
5 Basicsto Having Your Post go Viral :@ProBlogger http://ow.ly/NmeS0
- The 3 Components of Podcast Profitability - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/NmeYr
- Fiction University: Real Life Diagnostics: Start With the Action, or the Characters? http://ow.ly/Nmf3l
- Writer Unboxed » 6 Writing Techniques I Learned at Storymasters http://ow.ly/Nmfbc
- What Does It Mean to Give Up? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/NmfgJ
blog- The best way to thank a writer: write a review http://ow.ly/Nmfqe
Post a Comment