By: Am Impellizzeri
I’ll let you in on a little secret.
I always wanted to be in a Book Club.
I couldn’t articulate why because from the outside I couldn’t be sure exactly what occurred there – food, wine, maybe even some discussion about a, you know, book – but it just seemed to me from the way women spoke so reverently about their Book Clubs, that something special was happening there. And I wanted in.
Since no one was inviting me into their Book Clubs, I did something drastic.
I started my own.
About four years ago, new in town, I invited a bunch of women I hadn’t known very long
into my home to discuss Kelly Corrigan’s The Middle Place. I put out
flowers and food and wine and flavored teas. I lit candles and waited for the
magic to happen.
And boy, did it ever.
If you’re in one already, you know what I mean. And if you’re not. Start one. Now.
Because Book Clubs are about one thing: connection.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Spellbind Your Readers With Realistic Magic - WRITERS HELPING WRITERS™WRITERS HELPING WRITERS™ http://ow.ly/MDIYT
- The Power of Pre-Orders • Ryan Casey http://ow.ly/MDJ8f
- Writers On The Move: Tips on Writing Suspense Stories for Children, Part 2 http://ow.ly/MDJc6
- Revolver v. Pistol: Do You Know The Difference? http://ow.ly/MDJha
- The Definitive Guide to Pricing Your Book | Wise Ink's Blog for Indie Authors about Self-Publishing http://ow.ly/MDNWC
- Does it serve the book? Killing your darlings is a mark of writing maturity | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/MDOcS
- Alexandra Sokoloff: Story Elements checklist http://ow.ly/MDOp0
Unboxed » Four Surprising Benefits
toLetting Your Characters Take the Reins http://ow.ly/MDOyF Kidlit· Generic Description http://ow.ly/MDOFp " ...that don't add anything to scene.
- Essays by Dana Gioia http://ow.ly/MDOYz Thirteen Ways of Thinking about the Poetic Line #writetip
- Science Fiction Writing Tips: How to Make a Vampire Not Suck | WritersDigest.com http://ow.ly/MDP8r
- Ksenia Anske Books/Blog/Why you should put your book on Wattpad ASAP http://ow.ly/MDPwY
- Are You
Talking to Me
?* | Confessions of a Mystery Novelist... http://ow.ly/MDPE3
- What’s The Real Question? — Why We Don’t Read More? Or, Are Books Still Our Best Bet? | Thought Catalog http://ow.ly/MDPMx
- What Book
Clubs Are Teaching Me About Writing
:Women Writers, Women's Books http://ow.ly/MDPUV
- 7 Ways to Create an Effective Facebook Ad Campaign | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/MDQ7O
- The Writer Diaries: Tuesday Topic: Querying Goofs and Fudges http://ow.ly/MDQjz
- The Future of Ink - Digital Publishing for Online Entrepreneurs http://ow.ly/MDQqC
- Full Plate Living - Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/MDQxI
- 10 Easy Ways To Write Headlines That Go Viral http://ow.ly/MDQRx
- How I Used Twitter to Find a Literary Agent, Grow My Business and Fall In Love by Alexis Grant — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/MDQVC
- When You Have Lots of Unpublished Writing in Boxes | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/MDR1R
- Get Published Tips and Book Marketing Advice from Penny Sansevieri http://ow.ly/MDR6G