By: Nancy Christie
There are few things more frustrating
a writer than getting part way into a
project and hitting the wall. (The other issues are not being able to find a
way to start the project and not being able to satisfactorily bring
it to a close!) to
I call this the “Work-in-Progress” Woes—you are either facing a complete shut down or the going is so hard and slow that you feel like you are writing through metaphorical molasses.
As a matter of fact, this post was inspired by my own experience with this, since I am close to two-thirds way through my current novel, and my enthusiasm and creativity are waning fast.
So I went looking for advice and recommendations — which also served to temporarily divert me from the book—and thought I would share what I learned with the rest of you.
- Get physical. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 35 Questions To Ask Your Characters From Marcel Proust http://ow.ly/Mec0E
- Author, Jody Hedlund: 7 Setting Basics That Can Bring a Story to Life http://ow.ly/Mecb4
- Writing Multiple POV Fiction | Linda S. Clare http://ow.ly/Med5N
- Novel Rocket: Essentials of Character Building http://ow.ly/MedgC
- Blood-Red Pencil: Grappling with the Facts http://ow.ly/Medka
ways to avoid
screenplayizingyour novel | Nathan Bransford, Author http://ow.ly/MedpT
Reid, Literary Agent: Query Question:
enticeor reveal? http://ow.ly/MedxE
- Writer Unboxed » How To Love Our Readers and Our Art: A Call For Author Ethics http://ow.ly/MedCQ
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: How Do I Sell My Book? 6 Tips for New Authors http://ow.ly/MedNp
- John Green's Key To Writing? Using Different Keyboards http://ow.ly/MedWb
- How to Write a Villain That Readers Will Love to Hate | Darla G. Denton http://ow.ly/MeeoE
- 18 Perfect Short Stories That Pack More Of A Punch Than Most Novels http://ow.ly/MeeW5
- Unlikable Main Characters: Walking on the Edge http://ow.ly/Mef0q
- How to Use the LinkedIn Relationship Tab to Improve Your Networking | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/Mef69
Writability: How to Practice Writing a Novel http://ow.ly/MefG2
- How to Get 100+ Reviews on Amazon: Different Types of Reviewers – Do They All Matter? http://ow.ly/MefYq
emotions posterfor writers | Creativindie http://ow.ly/Megdu
- Five Tips For Novel Revision – The BIG Picture | C H Griffin http://ow.ly/MegwK
- Fight, Chase, Shoot, Battle! Action Scene Checklist http://ow.ly/MegTC
- On Changing Book Titles And Covers: My Own Experience And How You Can Do It Too | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/Meh4c
- Cockeyed Caravan: The Ultimate Pilot Story Checklist: Modern Family http://ow.ly/MehEf
- 5 Tips for Dealing with “Work-in-Progress” Woes http://ow.ly/Mei6m
Post a Comment