By: Belinda Pollard
You’re a force to be reckoned with at work, your household runs like clockwork and birthdays are always remembered and celebrated on time. But you can’t seem to finish (or start) writing your book.
Does this sound like you? Or even a little bit like you? (I have to admit that “clockwork household” thing doesn’t sound exactly like me. )
Considering what I do for a living it’s embarrassing to admit it, but my own books don’t get finished. (I’ve even written a blog post before on Seven Virtuous Ways to Avoid Writing Your Novel.)
In a splendid irony, in my day job as an editor and publishing consultant, I help small publishers and indie authors get their books out into the world and achieve their dreams, cheering them on, helping them overcome obstacles, feeling excited for them when the successes come etc etc… and yet my own personal manuscripts suffe
r a different fate. I have 5 or 6 or 7 of them
languishing in various stages of completion.
Confession time: The last time one of my own books was published was 2002!! Hopefully that makes you feel better — however much you’re struggling to get a book finished, at least you’re not as bad as I am.
For me, I think there’s three main obstacles:
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How to get that book written this year | @Belinda_Pollard http://ow.ly/KkmFJ
- How to Succeed as a Writer in 2015 | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/KkrjD
- LinkedIn: 5 Quick Tips - She Writes http://ow.ly/KkrmL
- Using CANVA! A Step By Step Guide for the Graphic Design Newbie | http://ow.ly/Kkrut
- Writability: On How I Plot a WIP http://ow.ly/Kkrwa
bmissions Insanity: 6 Steps To Strategic Submissions http://ow.ly/Kkrz8
- The problems in writing a violent scene, and one unexpected benefit | Laura Droege's blog http://ow.ly/KkrEo
- 5 Mistakes Authors Make When Approaching Book Bloggers | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/KkrSv
- Amazon Advertising Services for Indie Authors, Yea or Nay? | Lindsay Buroker http://ow.ly/KkrXC
- How 5 Creative Brands Pin on Pinterest http://ow.ly/Kks0P
- Content - Three Ways to Create Content That Nurtures Customer Relationships: MarketingProfs Article http://ow.ly/Kks5U
- Creating An Effective Book Launch VIDEO.mp4 - YouTube http://ow.ly/Kks7S
- Social Media for Authors Podcast: How to Conquer Google+ - Social Media Just for Writers http://ow.ly/Kksbj
- Blog Post Idea: Answer a Beginner Question: @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/Kkse2
- Introducing Topic Data on Facebook | Facebook for Business http://ow.ly/Kksgg
- LinkedIn To Relaunch Sponsored InMail, Now with 100% Deliverability | Marketing Solutions Blog http://ow.ly/Kksii
- Amy Schmittauer: How to Create Great Videos | Book Marketing Bestsellers http://ow.ly/Kksn9
- Pitching Your Projects - Rachelle Gardner http://ow.ly/Kkspy
- Blogging on LinkedIn Pulse? 4 Reasons You Should Be | Serenity Virtual Assistant Services http://ow.ly/Kkt5r
- Finding The Right Media Outlets To Write About Your Business http://ow.ly/Kkt6S
- Behind-the-scenes of Cover Design | FG Press http://ow.ly/Kktwt
- Audible Wants Authors to Exclusivly Focus on Audiobooks http://ow.ly/KktGq
ys to BookCover Success by Judy Probus — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/KktMA
- Update to Page Like Counts | Facebook for Business http://ow.ly/KktXW Removing inactive Facebook accounts...
Is A Crowdfunding Solution That Aims to B
ring Authors and Publishers Together ⋆ Ink, Bits, & Pixels http://ow.ly/KkubC
- A Simple Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts for Facebook, Twitter & More [Infographic] http://ow.ly/KkujQ
- 5 Techniques To Develop Your Short Story Into A Novel - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/KkumC
- Why Are People Still Using Typewriters in 2015? | VICE | United States http://ow.ly/KkupR
Post a Comment